SENIOR BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE DEVELOPER
(Role based in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur)
iflix is on the lookout for an AWESOME Senior Business Intelligence Developer to join our team in KL and support our amazing team of visionaries, disruptive geniuses, industry rebels and creative ninjas in building what will soon be the most engaging, and widely used entertainment platform on planet Earth.
You will be responsible for the development of tableau dashboard, developing backend datamarts / data models and production support of the complete end to end reporting layer.
● You understand data !!
● Responsible for the design, development, and maintenance of data models to cater for business needs.
● Requirement Gathering and Data Exploration Analysis for Report Creation
● Perform quality assurance -- ensure the availability and quality of data to all parts of business, including various departments and individual countries.
● Define reporting and diagnostic alerting requirements.
● Own and develop relationship with internal business partners, working with them to optimize and enhance our integration,
● Help design, document, and maintain system processes.
● Report on common sources of technical issues or questions and make recourse recommendations to the engineering/product team.
● Provide useful insights and analysis to assist business decision making. Communicate key insights and findings to the engineering/product team and to the relevant business units (marketing, content, finance, business development, …).
● Constantly be on the lookout for ways to improve monitoring, discover issues, and deliver better value to the internal customer/stakeholders.
● Set up queries and processes to transform and clean data for business relevance.
● Investigate and troubleshoot data-related issues and escalate to the relevant engineering teams if required
● Manage the in-house Tableau Server and its administration
● BS Degree or MS Degree in Computer Science or Engineering.
● Total Relevant Experience: 4 to 6 years in the same field (Technology)
● Previous experience in Business Intelligence
● Proven experience in eliciting requirements and testing
● Experience in analysing data to draw business-relevant conclusions and in data visualisation techniques and tools
● Must have expertise in Tableau
● Must have solid experience in writing Advanced SQL, Python, Pyspark along with modern data modelling techniques
● Good knowledge in generating technical and business process documentation
● Must have worked in Big Data Environment dealing with terabytes/petabytes of data.
● Strong Understanding of Cloud Environment such as AWS environment (S3, Redshift, DynamoDb)
● Statistical knowledge is a plus
● Working knowledge of the Atlassian suite of tools
● Resourceful problem solver with initiative to resolve issues and blockers
● Independent: Able to work with autonomy
● Fast learner: Can explore and pick up new tools, technical skills, or knowledge domain quickly
To learn more about Iflix please visit :
● Iflix - Blog, Content, Features, Markets… (https://blog.iflix.com/)
● Tao of Iflix - Core, Values, People… (http://www.taoofiflix.com/)
● Iflix on Stackoverflow (https://stackoverflow.com/jobs/companies/iflix)