Best Practices Library Designer (Immediate Opening)
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role Mission: This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to be at the heart of a strategic shift in how the fastest growing public charter school district develops the skill and content expertise of IDEA teachers and leaders. You will be responsible for developing and maintaining a digital video and resource library of our most effective staff members with the goal of accelerating teacher and leader growth and ultimately increasing student achievement.
You will partner with teams across IDEA Public Schools (Academic Services, Schools, Operations, and Campuses) to find, curate, and disseminate best practices which align to the recommendations of Subject Matter Experts (SMEs).
- Content Curation & Design
- Co-create and adhere to standards for creation, management, maintenance, and governance of content.
- Execute the process for selecting and identifying teachers and leaders to capture via video and interview.
- Establish and maintain a workflow for requesting, creating, publishing, evaluating, and retiring content.
- Design and execute pre-production, production, and post-production process for capturing best practices.
- Conceptualize and design all materials to ensure visually-pleasing, cohesive, consistent formatting across all resources.
- Ensure all content that is published is properly edited, quality controlled, and uploaded on time.
- Marketing & Dissemination
- Publish and promote resources through various communication mechanisms: Staff Facebook page, the Hub, organizational newsletters.
- Measure and evaluate user feedback and implementation of best practices on an ongoing basis to ensure content effectiveness.
- Ensure an exceptional brand reputation of The Library, that leads to a reliable, effective, and up-to-date tool that is an enduring institution for all teachers and leaders at IDEA Public Schools.
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Advocate for and operate under an agile environment with confidence.
- Meet specific annual quantitative goals aligned to increasing teacher and leader effectiveness in our Guideposts for Excellent Teaching (GET) Rubric and School Leadership Levers aligned to applicable best practices.
- Collaborate with a team of content strategists, user experience designers, and multi-talented content specialists.
- Inspire subject matter experts within your team to live the values of IDEA, leading through example with an emphasis on delivering quality work every time.
- Be an influential voice for best practices in video content development strategy, user experience, design, and technology and be passionate about the role video content can play in improving the skill and content expertise of our teachers and leaders.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college.
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them.
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly.
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes.
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change.
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization.
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes.
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
Adaptive – Ability and knowledge to effectively interact with colleagues and vendors
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (good interpersonal skills, presentation skills, able to consult, liaise, and negotiate).
- Good project / time management, and organizational skills.
- Good attention to details and ability to multi-task, and work under pressure.
- Ability to work in teams as well as work independently.
- Understand and apply the perspective of others to understand stakeholder requirements/expectations.
Interpretative – Ability to identify and describe the complex interplay between technologies and organization structure.
- Good problem solving (error detection, root cause analysis, error correction); conceptual, analytical and decision-making skills.
- Willingness to learn new concepts and methodologies and apply learning quickly to new scenarios.
- 2+ years teaching with strong student achievement results
- Video production and Adobe Creative Suite experience preferred, particularly InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- 40% travel expected
Salaries for people entering this role typically start between $51,900 and $61,800, commensurate with relevant qualifications and experience. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational goal attainment.
This is a grant-funded position through October 2023.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.