College Prep Principal - San Antonio General Pool (23-24)
IDEA Principals are instructional leaders who coach and develop teachers and lead team members at their school to achieve ambitious goals with students. Principals are focused on excellence and continuous improvement and expect and support these values in their staff and students. Principals lead their schools to do whatever it takes so that IDEA’s mission of College for All Children becomes reality.
Student Achievement metrics:
- 90% at Level II/30% at Level III on STAAR/EOC exams.
- Junior Class ACT Average Score of 21
- 90% of Pre-K-2nd students are on/above grade level in reading, language, and math DI (all campuses).
- 85% of 1st-2nd students are on/above grade level in reading, language, and math Direct Instruction (Year 2+ campuses)
- 70% of 1st-2nd students are on/above grade level in reading, language, and math Direct Instruction (Year 1+ campuses)
- 100% of IDEA seniors are accepted and matriculate to college in the fall after their senior year
- Develop and maintain a culture in which all students are expected to go to and graduate from college
- Communicate these expectations to all students, families, and other key stakeholders regularly and ensure targeted follow-up with all seniors until they officially matriculate
- Ensure that 50% of IDEA seniors are accepted to Tier I/II colleges or universities
- 25% of IDEA alumni graduate from college in 4 years; 55% of IDEA alumni graduate from college in 6 years
- Develop and support a culture in which all students are expected to go to and graduate from college
- Engage IDEA alumni throughout their college career, but particularly in their first two years in college to ensure they remain enrolled, persist fall to spring, and remain enrolled in college
Student Growth metrics:
- 100% of schools will achieve Index 2 scores of 60 for Academies and 50 for College Preps for STAAR/EOC.
- 50% of all students in CSI Literacy Intervention grow two or more years in Reading and Math.
- School attains 97.5% Average Daily Attendance.
- 90% of students persist within the IDEA system year-to-year, no appeals
- 100% of campuses meet enrollment target by close of business Friday of first week of school.
- Manage healthy adult and student school culture, resulting in positive organizational health results, employee retention, student persistence, and family feedback (assessed informally).
- Develop school leadership team members into transformational individuals who can lead their campus
Staff Retention metrics:
- All staff retention goal of 85%
- Teacher retention goal of 85%
- Meet staff hiring goals and timelines
- Ensure high-quality talent review process at least twice per year for teachers and for leaders
- Meet organizational health metric as measured by “Great Places to Work”
Talent Development metrics:
- 100% of Principal-in-residence will meet ILP Development Goals (if applicable)
- Measure Teacher development, aligned to the GET rubric, and show growth for 100% of teachers.
- Utilize the Talent Review process to develop school talent
- Engage in 100% of the three rounds of Staff Development Cycle for each staff member
Organization Improvement metrics:
- Successfully leverage key relationships in 100% of functional areas, to ask for feedback and provide guidance for both campus and HQ partners.
- Coordinate, develop and provide feedback with the following campus partners:
- Human Assets Team: Regional Directors of Instructional Coaching, Directors of Leader Development, Regional Directors of Staffing, Talent Partners and Talent Recruiters
- Program Team: both internal (e.g. curriculum team, curriculum managers, Individualized Learning Managers) and external (e.g. NIFDI, NMSI)
- Operations Team: Regional Directors of Operations
- College Success and Alumni Success Team
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: Must have a proven track record of personally achieving success and of leading others
- 3+ years of K – 12 teaching experience
- 3+ years of leading a school to dramatic gains in a challenging context
- Salaries for this role typically fall between $100,000 and $125,000, commensurate with relevant experience and qualifications. This role is also eligible for a performance bonus based on individual and organizational performance and goal attainment.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.