Accelerated Reader Zone Facilitator - IDEA University Prep Academy (21-22)
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About Baton Rouge
Baton Rouge is ranked in the top 100 on the U.S. News and World Report Best Places to Live Rankings. It is also home to IDEA Innovation and IDEA Bridge, the first IDEA Public School regions outside of the state of Texas. We are honored to pledge our passion and focus to the students of Baton Rouge and provide an educational experience that will end with college acceptance and matriculation.
While Baton Rouge is well known for its delicious cuisine and entertainment, it is also a nucleus for an abundant culture and history. We are ecstatic to enlist a cohort of strong individuals that will help support our students’ dreams to get to and through college.
IDEA Accelerated Reader Facilitators instructs students ranging from grades 1st-7th with the specific goal to increase student achievement in English Language Arts. The AR facilitators set ambitious goals for student ELA achievement and invest students, families, and staff in reaching them. AR facilitators are tasked with creating a powerful and inviting learning environment, tracking student progress toward goals, and conducting daily analysis data to intervene with struggling students. Our AR facilitators seek excellence as educators and an IDEA team member. Together, they are responsible for ensuring that every IDEA student masters the academic and social skills necessary to succeed in college, while also embodying IDEA’s core values every day.
- Culture & Student Management
- Motivate students to participate in reading activities, DEAR time (Drop Everything And Read), and testing in Accelerated Reader
- Continuously improve execution of student procedures to maximize learning time
- Frequently speak to students regarding their progress toward goals and current data
- Create a positive learning environment in line with IDEA culture
- Silent Reading (DEAR time) & Data Management
- Actively “coach” and ensure that students are reading and testing on books within the appropriate ZPD level in Accelerated Reader to meet their individual reading goals; assist struggling students in selecting appropriate books that engage their interests and motivate them to read more
- Maintain a positive reading atmosphere and ensure students are reading and Accelerated Reader testing on a daily and weekly basis
- Interpret and manage online Accelerated Reader data generated by Renaissance Learning to monitor student reading progress toward goals
- Use data to track students’ progress toward goals
- Professional Responsibilities
- Proactively identify and solve problems that impede the maximization of student learning
- Communicate and collaborate with ELA teachers and school administrators about student progress
- Actively participate in staff development opportunities as a member of the IDEA team
- Maintain the Accelerated Reader library book collection throughout the year and accurately complete the end of year inventory.
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution required
- Experience in a classroom or volunteer setting,
- Strong computer and technology skills, including an ability to troubleshoot.
- Licenses or Certifications: None required
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to analyze and interpret student progress data daily and submit reports to all campus teachers and manager weekly
- Ability to interpret, manage, and utilize multiple sets of data efficiently in order to best support students’ progress in reading software
- Basic knowledge of curricula and instructional practices or implementation
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
Salaries for this role are set at an hourly rate ranging between $13.00 for 0 years of experience and $18.00 for 7 years of comparable experience. This role is on a bi-weekly extended pay schedule meaning employees pay is stretched over a 12-month period.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.