After School Care - IDEA South Flores (Immediate Opening)
Role Mission: Provide a safe and orderly environment for students after school.
What You’ll Do – Accountabilities:
- Actively supervise and monitor students at all time
- Utilize team building activities among students
- Follow school expectations for behavior
- Follow schedule provided by Director
- Enjoys working with children
- Manages students in a firm and fair manner
- Strong communication skills with students and staff
- Flexibility to change
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
- Education: High School Diploma/GED
- Experience: Experience working with students preferred
- Never leave students unattended, if you need to leave the classroom call director to relieve you.
- Make sure you gather your supplies needed before students are released.
- Share concerns/incidents with director before end of the workday.
- Homework is priority. Help students when needed.
- All activities that deviate from the assigned schedule will need to be approved by Director.
- The use of cell phones is prohibited during your time on the job.
- Notify the director if you are running late or will be absent, as soon as possible.
- Logging in and out of work should be done at your scheduled time, if you leave early make sure you log out before you leave.
- When students are in classrooms, same rules apply that are used during school time. (No running, sitting on tables or desks, standing on chairs, etc.)
- Do not send more than two students to the restroom at one time.
- If you want students to respect you, you must respect them.
- No sitting while outside monitoring students.
- Do not release students until they are called for.
- Before you take your students outside or leave for the day make sure classroom is clean and chairs are put up.
What We Offer
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate of $11.00/hourly
We offer a comprehensive benefits plan, covering the majority of the employee premium for the base medical plan and subsidizing the majority of costs for a spouse/domestic partner and children. Other benefits include dental and vision plans, disability, life insurance, parenting benefits, flexible spending account options, generous vacation time, com‐muter benefits, referral bonuses, professional development, and a 403(b) plan. We also offer an inclusive environment where staff are encouraged to bring their whole selves to work every day. IDEA may offer a relocation stipend to defray the cost of moving for this role, if applicable.
Please submit your application online through Jobvite. It’s in your best interest to apply as soon as possible.
About IDEA Public Schools
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe each and every child can go to college. Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school with 150 students to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free, Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States.
IDEA Public Schools boasts national rankings on The Washington Post and U.S. News & World Report’s top high schools lists. IDEA serves nearly 75,000 college-bound students in 137 schools across Texas, Southern Louisiana and Florida and is on-track to maintain its legacy of sending 100% of its graduates to college. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with new launches in Jacksonville, FL (2022). Cincinnati, OH (2022), and Arkansas (2023)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.