Technology Operations Intern (Immediate Opening)
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all of our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 58% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 45,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tarrant County (Fort Worth/Arlington), New Orleans, Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2021), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
Role Mission: The role of the intern is to build knowledge, skills, and experience in the Technology Operations field while supporting campus readiness for the first day of school in the region. The Technology Operations team is primarily focused on facilitating the use of technology at the campus level, provide technical support to end users in the use of hardware and software to multiple campus.
The Technology Operations intern provides services and support to IDEA Public Schools including, but not limited to:
- Assist with IT Help Desk support: 1st and 2nd Level Help Desk support
- Compile a physical inventory list for end user equipment/network equipment
- Assist with imaging and deployment of computer equipment (laptops, desktops, tablets, cell phones, etc.)
- Assist in the inventory and removal of legacy systems
- Audit copier equipment and employee access
- Assist in creating documentation related to IT projects, processes, procedures and architecture.
- Perform other duties or special projects as requested related to area of responsibility
- Troubleshoot, repair and install computer systems (PC) and mobile devices (iOS).
- Configure and automate software installations.
- Respond to daily user requests and resolve issues in a proactive manner.
- Log time and problem resolutions via Help Desk ticket system.
- Participate in planning and implementation of multi-scale projects.
- Technology Operations personnel have contact with various campus persons and many facets within the organization.
- Solid communication skills and willingness to work in a team environment a must.
- Detail-oriented, hardworking and enthusiastic.
- Able to work independently when requested
- Experience with desktop/pc repair
- Mature, reliable, dependable individuals able to relate to a variety of persons.
- Ability to develop supportive relationships with clients while maintaining objectivity.
- Enrollment in an internship-related course of study.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, including the ability to assimilate numerous details into cohesive solutions.
- The ability to manage multiple tasks, following through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- On-the-job training will be provided by trained staff.
- Up to 20-30 hrs per week; this is a paid internship.
- Evaluations will take place on a regularly scheduled basis as Department and/or college/university requirements dictate. Consultation will be available from the immediate supervisor.
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.