CNP Accounts Payable Clerk - Temporary (Immediate Opening)
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve over 65,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Tampa Bay, FL (2021), and Jacksonville, FL (2022)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX, to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy Counties) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA’s mission of college for all, as only 1 out of 17 students currently graduate college ready. Our mission holds true as we have over 5,000 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 300 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022.
Role Mission: Provide onsite support for the accounts payable transactions and ensure implementation of policies and procedures of the Child Nutrition Program. Follows established procedures to maintain accounting records, process accounts payables according to standard procedures and comply with state and federal laws, regulations and guidance.
Accountabilities:99% of CNP invoices paid in net 30 days
- Align departmental process to that of our business office and attend organizational trainings as needed
- Communicate with vendors if account payable errors are identified and quickly resolve
- Perform a three-way match on invoices to ensure completeness and accuracy on invoices and shipments.
100% of non-program revenue collected net 45 days by June 30
- Request and archive signed documentation from campus managers relating to catered event invoices
- Ensure campus funds are transferred from campus accounts to departmental accounts with 100% accuracy
- Coordinate with our business office to ensure accurate journal entry is performed
- Design and implement trainings for the collection of non-program revenue, as needed
Pass 100% of TDA and external audit with zero follow up finding
- Make recommendations on improvements to department forms & documents to align with state guidelines and compliance, as needed
- Present trainings (i.e PowerPoints) for our managers to keep our department audit ready, as needed
- Ensure 100% accuracy matching information from Skyward system to that of vendor(s) invoice
Monitor use of the departmental purchase credit card with zero errors at end of month
- Training departmental and campus personnel on P-card policy and procedure; answer any questions relating to the process
- Monitor all personnel who sign out the P-card and is returned with all supporting documentation on said purchases
- Ensure personnel uploads receipts to departmental P-Card HUB for reconciling and archiving
- Reconciliation on weekly/monthly basis and ensure 100% accuracy of receipts submitted to business office
100% of campus cafeterias fully operational 2 weeks prior to the first day of school.
- Participate in the development of our Beginning of Year plan with the CNP HQ team and apply previous year experience to the improvement of the plan
- Coordinate efforts between campus managers and vendors to ensure timely delivery of equipment and other products
- Participate in Summer Institute training of all personnel by preparing trainings, printing material, and archiving attendance roster(s)
- Provide onsite support to new teams during the first 5 days of school
Live Values of IDEA
- Believes and is committed to our mission: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Is driven by outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- Embodies IDEA’s core values
- Mission Focus- focuses on IDEA’s core purpose of getting all students into college
- Record of Results – holds high expectations for self and others to achieve and surpass intended goals
- Managing Others to Deliver Results -- leads team to achieve measurable and ambitious results
- Problem Solving – able to synthesize, analyze, and prioritize data and opportunities to develop strategies for achieving quantifiable goals
- Coaching & Developing – develops team through formal and informal methods; makes professional development a top priority
- Communication – effectively conveys information using a variety of channels and techniques
- Continuous Improvement – proactively identifies opportunities to improve and consistently reflects on past actions to guide future decisions
- Education: High school Diploma or GED required, Bachelor's degree in accounting or related field preferred
- Experience: Two years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting or finance (required)
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Computer literacy, Microsoft and Excel software experience preferred
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to implement & follow policy and procedures
- Ability to interpret data
- Strong mathematical and accounting skills
- This Job is a 3-5 month position through September 30, 2021
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.