21st Century Enrichment Specialist - Violin/Cello Coach - IDEA San Benito (Immediate Opening)
About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video.
About the Rio Grande Valley:
Since 2000, IDEA Public Schools has grown from a school of 150 students in Donna, TX to the fastest- growing family of tuition-free, public charter schools in the United States. In the Rio Grande Valley, we are a nucleus of four counties (Cameron, Hidalgo, Starr and Willacy County) that work as one unit to support our children academically and holistically.
RGV is home to a population of just over 1.3 million residents. Children across the region truly benefit from IDEA’s mission of college for all as only 1 out of 17 students graduate college ready. Our mission holds true as we have 2,400 IDEA alumni that currently attend, or have graduated from, 150 colleges and universities across the country.
Join our passionate team of changemakers in south Texas as we prepare to expand our home region to 55 schools, serving over 38,000 students in 2022.
Role Mission: The 21st Century Enrichment specialists will facilitate after school programming for priority students, focusing on academic support, enrichment opportunities, and college/career readiness. Enrichment Specialists will work with campus principals and the 21st Century Site Coordinator to ensure 21st Century programs enhance the vision and priorities of the school. 21st Century Enrichment specialists work after school for 2 – 2.5 hours.
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students’ character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
- Establish and maintain a cooperative working relationship with students and families based on trust, understanding and respect for the communities in which they identify.
- Provide enrichment and recreation leadership for the 21st Century program students.
- Facilitate planned enrichment and/or recreational activities to group of students (average group size 12-18).
- Assists in developing students' cognitive capacity, increasing academic skill development, and respect for learning.
- Foster students' self-esteem and motivation through positive interaction.
- Be directly supervised by the Site Coordinator and Project Director for the 21st CCLC and the grant guidelines.
- Attend scheduled meetings with Site Coordinator and Project Director to coordinate program design, evaluation process, and outreach efforts.
- Work closely with Site Coordinator and Project Director to: Organize schedule of enrichment and/or recreational activities. Implement evaluation tools.
- Abide by all IDEA campus rules and procedures
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students.
- Education: Must be enrolled in college or have a bachelor’s degree
- Preferred 30 college credit hours or more with a minimum GPA of 3.0
- Prior experience in enrichment activity for which they are being hired
*Must attach an official or unofficial transcript to the application in order to verify GPA and credit hours earned.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to instruct students and manage student behavior
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to adjust and adapt to a multitude of situations in the school environment
- Ability to track data weekly and monthly for reporting
- Compensation for this role is set at an hourly rate $12 per hour
IDEA Public Schools does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex or disability, in admission or access to, or treatment of employment in its programs and activities. Any person having inquiries concerning the organization's compliance with the regulations implementing Title VI of Civil Rights Act of 1964 (Title VI), Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (Section 504), or Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), may contact IDEA Human Resources at (956) 377-8000.