Machine Learning / Control Software Engineer
Heliogen creates solar power solutions to sustainably empower civilization. We use innovative mechanical, electrical, and algorithmic designs to track and concentrate the sun’s energy and are applying that energy to drive thermochemical reactions and enable process heat applications.
Research, develop, implement, and test the software that measures, controls, displays, and manages data for Heliogen concentrating solar thermal plants, and develop tools used during e.g. R&D efforts and manufacturing.
Key Position Accountabilities:
- Control System Development – Use computer vision and machine learning to enable high performance concentrating solar thermal industrial process heat facilities. The algorithms you create will control megawatts of radiant power heating materials to well above 1000° C.
- Deployment & Support - Design, set up, and support the control systems for worldwide projects including specifying and configuring hardware components (e.g. cameras)
- 4+ years of object-oriented software development experience, 2+ with C#/C++, more experience welcome
- Experience using machine learning algorithms including e.g. CNNs and Gaussian processes
- Math skills including geometry, vector operations, linear algebra, nonlinear optimization, statistics, and probability; undergraduate level physics
- Experience with optics and image processing
- Proven ability to conceive, implement, and debug novel algorithms and systems
- Experience with multithreading, asynchronous operations, events, TPL (C# Tasks)
- Write testable/mockable code and run functional and unit tests
- Experience with Git
- Performance optimization including native algorithm implementation (C++) and GPU programming
- Knowledge of solar thermal technologies
- Experience with PostgreSQL databases, database normalization, and Entity Framework
- Bachelor’s degree in a field of science, engineering, or mathematics
- Willingness to occasionally travel to projects around the world
Heliogen, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.