Business Development and Marketing Associate
About IBSS Corp:
IBSS is a Woman-Owned, WBENC certified and MBE/DBE-certified business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, paid time off, federal holidays, matching 401K plan, tuition/professional development reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
The Business Development and Marketing Associate will report to the Vice President of Business Development to support business development, IBSS brand positioning, industry engagement, market research, strategic relationship management, and marketing activities. The successful candidate will have strong written and verbal communication skills, the ability to adjust messages to a variety of audiences, a passion for the industry, attention to detail, a desire to learn new skills, and the ability to work independently.
The Business Development and Marketing Associate responsibilities include:
- Business Development Support
- Research, identify and qualify new business opportunities and Communicate timely and accurately with the Capture/Business Development team to provide updates on weekly outreach activity, successes, and additional areas and prospects to target
- Customer Engagement Management for pre-sales activities and follow-up through opportunity closure
- Conduct market research on competitive landscape and new business opportunities to support the new business capture process and capture team
- Industry Engagement
- Identify Network Development/Relationship building opportunities for targeted Government agencies
- Monitor opportunity websites/portals - Sam.gov, eBuy, FedConnect, GovWin and other agencies specific opportunities posting on a daily basis
- Provide requested research using companies online tools to develop intelligence on prospective federal targets, markets, etc.
- Contact by phone or email a high volume of inbound and prospective leads per day to initiate conversation with prospects, present the value of Company’s core services and solutions, and qualify prospects to move on to an introductory capabilities briefing with Capture/Business Development lead
- Create personalized email campaigns and enhance existing campaigns to engage with prospects
- Record and maintain in Customer Relationship Management system SalesForce) up-to-date contact information and notes for prospects contacted
- Stay up to date on the latest trends that align with the company’s core capabilities
- Marketing Support
- Assist with Marketing Activities including Social Media, Campaign Management, Content Marketing, etc.
- Lead or assist event planning/coordination for conferences and career fairs
- Perform data analysis - Capturing market and sales metrics, developing reports and campaign-specific performance measures
- Updating Sales/Marketing business processes as needed in cooperation with Marketing coordinator, proposal team, and PMO
- Developing templates and scripts to support marketing and sales initiatives to include email/phone/messaging outreach as well as video/webinar
- Working in coordination with marketing to design and implement sales and marketing campaigns
Tools: LinkedIn SalesNavigator, GovWin, Sam.gov, FedConnect, eBuy, Salesforce, HootSuite, WordPress, Google Analytics, Google Data Studio
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Information Technology Management, Computer Science, Management, Business, Marketing, or Related Field (Preferred)
- Relevant work or internship experience in a professional setting
- Strong resilience and determination
- Strong attention to detail and time management abilities
- Strong G-Suite and MS Office skillset using Word/Google Docs, Excel/Google Sheets, and PowerPoint/Google Slides.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Ability to work in a high-paced and deadline-driven environment
- Ability to take ownership of tasks assigned
- Working experience conducting a high volume of outbound phone & email activity preferred
- Strong collaboration skills
- Goal & growth mindset with the ability to seek out and apply coaching feedback regarding business development skills
- Highly motivated, confident, and enthusiastic
- A desire to develop professional selling skills
- Salesforce (or other CRM) administration experience
- Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.