Sr. Network Engineer ***Secret Clearance***
Job Title: Senior Network Engineer
Location: Fairmont, WV OR Boulder, CO
Travel: Less than 10% per year.
Security Clearance: Must have a fully adjudicated Active Secret Clearance.
IBSS Corp is seeking a Senior Network Engineer to support one of our Federal Clients for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the network. This individual will be working with cutting edge network technologies from CISCO, Palo Alto, Juniper, Fortinet and others.
- Responsible for the overall Network Engineering support for a broad range of programs including planning, designing, and evaluating various components of the network.
- Providing specifications for network architecture, evaluating and recommending new technologies to enhance current capabilities, and performing needs assessments.
- Support Level duties include; monitoring, installation, modification, testing and servicing of network equipment.
- Provide on-call support for mission critical systems (rotational on-call).
- Develop detailed documentation to describe Network and Firewall deployment, configuration, upgrading, and maintenance for Change Management requests and Knowledge Content libraries.
- Network Certifications: Cisco (CCNA or higher), Juniper (JNCIS-SP or higher), Fortinet (FCNSA or higher), or Palo Alto (PCNSA or higher)
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science and 8+ years of prior relevant experience is required or Master’s Degree with 6+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Network and Firewall Administration/Engineer knowledge (Fortinet, Juniper, Palo Alto, Cisco, etc.)
- Must have network and firewall engineering experience with designing, implementation, and maintaining Layer 2 and 3 networking devices and/or firewall devices such as Juniper, Dell, Cisco, Fortinet, or Palo Alto
- Working knowledge of network features and protocols
- Knowledge of Carrier Services
- System/Network Monitoring experience
- Knowledge in managing classified systems and the required security guidelines associated with secure facilities
- Experience with Information Assurance (IA) hardening and compliance (STIG, CIS, DSS compliance, documentation, etc.)
- Have strong communication skills
- Must have a fully adjudicated Active Secret Clearance and the eligibility to obtain a Top Secret clearance.
- Next Generation Firewall (NGFW) experience (Fortinet, Palo Alto, etc) Network
- Terminal Access Point (TAP) experience (Gigamon, Ixia)
- Provided direct support to a Security Operation Center (SOC) environment
- Trusted Internet Connection (TIC) experience
- IDP/IPS/DPI experience (Host Based/Network Based/NGFW)
- Knowledge of networking infrastructure suppliers and service offerings including; Cisco, Fortigate, Force10, Dell PowerConnect, F5 Networks, Juniper, Checkpoint, Palo Alto
- Familiarity with task automation.
- Familiarity in remote administration (SCCM, SSLVPN, SSH, Remote Desktop).
- Must be able to work collaboratively with other system administrators, system engineers, and network engineers in a team environment.
Telework/Travel: Remote Telework Possibilities/ Occasional Travel required (less than 10%).
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned, WBENC-certified and MBE/DBE-certified business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please submit requests for additional information and qualified resumes to: [email protected]