Microsoft Azure DevOps Application Migration Process Owner
Job Title: Microsoft Azure DevOps Application Migration Process Owner
Location: Washington, DC (hybrid)
Clearance Required: Active Secret clearance or higher
Description: IBSS is hiring an Azure DevOps Engineer to support a government agency located on Constitution Avenue NW Washington, D.C. This hybrid position works in support of the OCIO’s effort to identify applications and the resources required to move these applications into the Azure cloud. The ideal candidate will be a seasoned technical resource that has applied their solid understanding of software development and cloud infrastructure to prior successful application migration efforts on Azure.
- Analyze on premise applications, identify requirements and outline the process for migration to the Azure cloud.
- Work in close coordination with Application Owners, software developers and core infrastructure support teams to devise a migration strategy on an application by application basis.
- Identify needs and communicate with infrastructure resources to get logs set up, apply user access/privileges for the Azure DevOps (ADO) tools.
- Provide on-going expertise to continually improve the migrated applications.
- Serve as liaison between Azure Infrastructure SME’s and Software Developers, bridge the knowledge gap between the two groups.
- Facilitate opportunities to go directly to PaaS. Analyze servers, systems, applications to identify what can be consolidated, moved to the cloud and when. Call out opportunities to gain real value from the Azure platform.
- Provide technical and functional support for application migrations to Azure DevOps through troubleshooting, identifying & isolating issues and implementing appropriate solutions.
- Create and maintain documentation
- Support day-to-day troubleshooting of issues that arise from the process of transitioning on-premise applications to the Azure environment.
- Work with Developers and other Engineers in troubleshooting internal production issues and continuously improving recently migrated applications.
- US Citizen with Active Secret Security Clearance
- 5+ years of hands-on expertise with application migrations onto the Microsoft Azure cloud platform.
- Proven ability to interact with Application Owners, Application Developers, Infrastructure Engineers to understand and articulate system requirements.
- Proven experience identifying applications for migration to cloud, highlighting those with the greatest need, easiest to transition and balancing the workload.
- Strong understanding of modern software development lifecycles, serverless computing, and containerization.
- Strong working knowledge of Cloud based services (i.e., IaaS, PaaS, SaaS)
- Strong understanding of DevOps principles and building of CI/CD pipelines
- Microsoft Certified: DevOps Engineer Expert - AZ-400 (a big plus)
About IBSS Corp.
IBSS is a Woman-Owned business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, paid time off, federal holidays, matching 401K plan, tuition/professional development reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.