Title: Database Developer/Architect
Location: Falmouth MA
IBSS is looking for an experienced Database Developer to work on contract to the National Marine Fisheries Service, Northeast Fisheries Science Center (NEFSC).
The developer will work with NEFSC Fisheries Sampling Branch (FSB) staff to design, migrate, upgrade and maintain databases and database-driven systems. If you are looking to be an instrumental part of a growing, employee and customer-focused company working on exciting issues in environmental science and other marine/coastal resources.
- Designing, creating and developing Oracle database Systems (11g and 12c)
- Managing large datasets, query, extract, and organize data in useful ways to reduce performance related issues.
- Handing multiple projects and deadlines with flexibility between tasks.
- Implementing and integrating security standards set by the NMFS and implemented by NEFSC’s DMS Division.
- Ensure performance, security, integrity and availability of databases.
- Support application development through integrated project work group meetings, data modeling, code reviews, and system reviews for quality and performance.
- Work with management and developers in providing quick resolutions during critical production issues with performance related resolutions.
- Support multiple servers and databases of high complexity with a large-scale user base
- Develop and analyze program requirements, prepare documentation and specifications
- Automate data intake and analysis
- Strong programming and development skills using PL/SQL (package, procedures, functions, triggers) and batching code skills.
- Experience in code migration, database change management and data management in multiple environments and different stages of the development life cycle.
- Experience working as part of a team to define and refine user requirements.
- Experience with data backup, data recovery, data dictionaries, and data standardization processes.
- Program planning and management in a team environment.
- Experience developing performance metrics and milestones.
- Working with diverse inter-agency teams
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Developing and monitoring resource investment strategies
- Working with marine fisheries information programs or other science-based programs
- NSC Defensive Driver’s Course
- Master of Science in computer sciences or relate field
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned, WBENC-certified and MBE/DBE-certified small business founded in 1992 that provides premier IT and Cybersecurity services to Federal, state and local governments and commercial clients. We specialize in life cycle solutions for network engineering, information security/assurance, software engineering, help desk, data management/migration and project management services on the IT side, VOIP and a broad range of wireless engineering services.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision, and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401 (k) plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Please submit requests for additional information and qualified resumes to: firstname.lastname@example.org