FOIA Analyst II
Job Title: FOIA Analyst II
Location: Arlington, VA
Clearance Required: Ability to obtain a security clearance
IBSS is seeking a FOIA Analyst professional to provide support to the DEA located in Arlington, VA.
- Review incoming FOIA/PA requests to ensure all requisite forms are completed by requesters.
- Search, identify, collect, and organize records, which include SBU information under the control of the DEA, or generated or maintained by the respective program offices.
- Scan FOIA support documents related to cases assigned into the FOIAXpress database.
- Initiate required checks in law enforcement databases and the FOIAXpress tracking system.
- Conduct analyses of the information within the scope of the request and evaluate the data for public disclosure.
- Redact documents in accordance with agency/entity FOIA protocols, which include annotating applicable FOIA
- Maintain complete and detailed case notes on all assigned
- Process FOIA/PA referral/consultation documents and letters received from other government agencies.
- Process submitter notices associated with specific FOIA cases and provide initial analysis of submitter objections.
- Prepare documentation for, and draft responses to, FOIA/PA requests, coordinating proposed disclosures of information for several entities within the agency.
- Support agency litigation
- Responsible for properly protecting all DEA information within his/her control
Required Skills/ Education / Certifications & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years of FOIA Analyst experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and thorough knowledge of legal research tools
- Hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing, database, spreadsheet, and telecommunications
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under pressure
- Pass a Background Investigation for a SBU security clearance
About IBSS Corp.
IBSS is a Woman-Owned business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, paid time off, federal holidays, matching 401K plan, tuition/professional development reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.