Cybersecurity Engineer ***Secret Clearance***
Job Title: Cybersecurity Engineer
Location: Fairmont, WV OR Boulder, CO
Clearance Required: Active Secret or Higher
Certifications Required: N/A
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned, WBENC certified and MBE/DBE-certified business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, paid time off, federal holidays, matching 401K plan, tuition/professional development reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
Job Description/ Scope of Work
IBSS is seeking a Cybersecurity Engineer on an Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) contract for a large civilian federal agency. The engineer will be responsible for the maintenance of IT infrastructure along with maintaining Windows and Linux operating system platforms alongside their associated virtualization hosting platforms.
- Provide technical support for system upgrades, technical refreshes, or new builds per requirements set by the Project Management staff or Team Lead
- Be a technical resource for individual projects when his or her knowledge and experience meet the requirements of the project group or task
- Provide problem management through performance of root cause analysis of issues, including configuration issues resulting in operational performance degradation or system outages, supporting the Government with information and advice on the necessary correction actions, and/or interim workarounds.
- Respond to and troubleshoot RHEL systems in a fast paced environment.
- Provide Disaster Recovery recommendations/support for a Primary and Secondary site configuration
- Provide documentation support for designs, implementations, configurations, knowledge base articles
- Assist with Operations and Maintenance duties of backups, application maintenance, and OS patching, tuning, and troubleshooting
- Must be able to configure and manage Linux and Windows operating systems and install/load operating systems software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity and configures network components along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance
- Provide technical support to end-user issues regarding desktop problems and/or server administration
- Leverage Microsoft SCCM and Ansible in creating and deploying applications and configurations for Windows and RHEL platforms, respectively
- Adhere to Change Management process
- Must be able to multitask a variety of projects and tasks as set by the Team Lead
- Develop detailed documentation to describe OS and COTS product deployment, configuration, upgrading, and maintenance for Change Management requests and Knowledge Content libraries
- Develop, configure Monitor & maintain Active Directory (AD) structure to ensure high availability and data consistency for AD objects, users, groups & organizational units; ensure AD is available for various authentication services used by users and/or equipment
- Develop standard guideline on configuration management process to ensure consistent & secure modifications to equipment configurations
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms, such as VMware vSphere, Red Hat Virtualization, Openstack, Docker Containers, etc.
- Strong understanding of Windows and RHEL operating systems
- Strong attention to details, works well with direction
- Experience with configuration management platforms, such as Microsoft SCCM and Ansible
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills and must be capable of understanding, documenting, communicating and presenting technical issues in a non-technical manner to audiences with varying degrees of technical expertise
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies
- 2+ years of experience with RedHat and Ansible
- 2+ years of virtualization experience
- 2+ years of experience with database management (MS SQL, MySQL)
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Bash, PowerShell)
- Experience with application deployment and management
- An ability to convey technical concepts clearly
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.