Cyber Apprenticeship Program
IBSS Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Program
**U.S. Citizenship Required in order to obtain Security Clearance**
***Must work on-site at our HQ office located in Downtown Silver-Spring, MD***
***Must be able to relocate anywhere in the U.S. for assignments***
The objective of the IBSS Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Program is to provide a content-based and hands-on learning experience to entry-level (zero to three years of experience) cybersecurity professionals where they can acquire knowledge of IT infrastructure, basic security concepts, vulnerability assessments, and risk management. As a result of completing the IBSS Cybersecurity Lab, participants will be able to complete entry-level assessor, information system security officer (ISSO), and security operations center (SOC) analyst tasks.
Prerequisites for Participants:
- Seeking students who are top performing, highly energized about their cyber career, driven/ambitious, and willing to put in the work it takes for a rigorous cyber development program.
- (1) Recent college graduate, (2) graduating senior, or (3) equivalent of a college junior enrolled in an academic program with a cybersecurity focus or must have completed at least three undergraduate cybersecurity courses. If the academic program included no cybersecurity coursework, the candidate must have the Network+ and/or Security+ certification.
- Certified Network+ OR Security+ certification(s).
- Expressed interest in performing assessor, ISSO, and/or SOC tasks.
- Regarding citizenship, we prefer participants who can obtain a clearance (up to top secret) from the U.S. States federal government.
All participants must complete the assigned labs within a 6 month program timeframe. Participants, who have already passed an exam, are not required to take the exam again.
Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Curriculum
Find below the high-level curriculum and the sequence of the topics to be covered under the program.
All participants will complete activities and tasks associated with the topics listed below. Then, the participants will complete additional activities and tasks based on their chosen track.
- Network+ exam preparation with hands-on lab
- Network+ exam
- Security+ exam preparation with hands-on lab
- Security+ exam
- CySA+ exam preparation with hands-on lab
- Pass CySA+ exam
- CEH exam preparation with hands-on lab
- Pass CEH exam
- CAP exam preparation
- CAP exam
Assessor & ISSO Track
The participants will take part in hands-on compliance, privacy, and risk management activities by completing tasks to support IBSS systems and completing tasks for fictitious systems in a lab environment.
- Categorizing Information and Information Systems
- Selecting Privacy and Security Controls
- Implementing Privacy and Security Controls
- Assessing Privacy and Security Controls
- Authorizing Programs and Systems to Operate
- Continuous Monitoring
Security Operations Track
The participants will take part in hands-on security operations activities to support IBSS and complete activities within a lab environment.
- Vulnerability Management
- Incident Response
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.