Cyber Apprenticeship Program
Our Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Program enables entry-level and aspiring (0-2 years’ experience) cybersecurity professionals to gain foundational cybersecurity capabilities. These related skills include basic and advanced security concepts, IT infrastructure, cloud operations, SIEM operations, vulnerability assessments, risk management, and other security skills through our objective based asynchronous professional development program.
Participants will work closely with the IBSS Cybersecurity Coach, program peers, and other IBSS colleagues to build skills and capabilities, which will culminate in being selected to work on one of IBSS’ real world cybersecurity programs supporting Federal, State, and/or Commercial clients. Program outcomes typically align towards Security Operations Center (SOC) analysts, Information System Security Officer’s (ISSO), security assessors, and other security roles as our clients and requirements grow.
Prerequisites for Candidates:
- Seeking candidates who are top performing, highly energized about their cyber career, driven/ambitious, and willing to put in the work it takes for a rigorous cyber development program.
- Must be able to commit to a 6-month minimum professional development program.
- Must be open to relocation anywhere within the United States if/once hired onto a full-time customer cybersecurity program.
- Certified CompTIA Network+ OR Security+ certification(s).
- Preferred recent college graduate OR has completed at least three undergraduate cybersecurity/IT-related courses.
- Those who do not meet the previous requirement must possess CompTIA Network+ and/or Security+ certification and be able to demonstrate understanding of subject matter and be able identify additional steps taken for alternative professional development.
- Interested and eligible for sponsorship to obtain a security clearance (up to Top Secret) from the U.S. federal government.
If accepted, participants must complete/obtain all assigned certifications, labs, and other learning objectives within the 6+ month program timeframe. Participants who have already passed an exam are not required to take the exam again. However, all participants will be required to demonstrate understanding of subject matter for any previously held and newly obtained certifications.
Cybersecurity Apprenticeship Learning Objectives
Find below the high-level certification objectives. All related activities, labs, assignments, and other exercises are aligned to the certification path listed below. As IBSS requirements evolve, modified education/certification paths may be implemented.
- CompTIA Network+
- CompTIA Security+
- CompTIA Cybersecurity Analyst (CySA+)
- CompTIA Linux+
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate (AWS CSAA)
- Splunk Core Certified User
- (ISC)² Certified Authorization Professional (CAP)
- CompTIA PenTest+
Assessor & ISSO Tasks
The participants will take part in hands-on compliance, privacy, and risk management activities by completing tasks to support IBSS systems and/or completing tasks for fictitious systems in a lab environment.
- Categorizing Information and Information Systems
- Selecting Privacy and Security Controls
- Implementing Privacy and Security Controls
- Assessing Privacy and Security Controls
- Authorizing Programs and Systems to Operate
- Continuous Monitoring
Security Operations Tasks
The participants will take part in hands-on security operations activities to support IBSS and/or complete activities within a lab environment.
- Splunk/Splunk BOTS
- Vulnerability Management
- Incident Response
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional and technical, scientific, cybersecurity, Information Technology (IT), and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.