Cyber Incident Responder ***Secret Clearance***
IBSS is seeking inquisitive and problem-solving Cyber Incident Responders with 4-7 years of mid-level (Tier II) security operations center (SOC) experience to support a federal agency enterprise SOC. While the position is not 24x7, it does cover 7am-7pm between DC and WV locations. On-call rotation for SOC escalation as needed for night/weekends (coordinated with manager each month for the on-call schedule).
- Respond to cyber incidents, including responding to IR phone calls and emails, and preparing situational awareness reports for the department, its bureaus, and/or departmental management.
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by SOC analysts.
- Investigate phishing and self-identified potential cyber threats (phishing emails sent to the CIRT).
- Work with department users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents.
- Track incident managements thoroughly and communicate with end users and senior CIO officials effectively.
- Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and reduction of false positives. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies.
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity.
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types.
- Able to articulate the incident response lifecycle.
- Manages and responds to computer security incidents that involve enterprise systems and data including personally identifiable information (PII) breaches.
- Detect, collect and report cybersecurity incidents.
- Experience detecting and remediate malicious codes.
- Helps improve the overall security posture by independently verifying the security of enterprise systems, and to ensure the timely dissemination of security information to the appropriate stakeholders.
- Analyze firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), IDS alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent System (HIPS), and server and application logs to investigate events and incidents for anomalous activity and produce reports of findings,
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, Orchestrator logs, and malicious code to identify, contain, eradicate, and ensure recovery from incidents.
- Experience with multiple types of attack types and attack vectors.
- Experienced incident handler, including managing and remediating high-profile incident cases with past customers/constituents.
- Experience tracking incidents against a framework such as MITRE ATT&CK or Cyber Kill Chain methodology.
- Forensic investigation and malware analysis experience/exposure.
- Experience with multiple vendor technologies, such as RSA Archer, FireEye suite of products, one or more SIEM technologies, Splunk or similar logging technology.
- Ability to analyze malicious files through code analysis/reverse engineering.
- Ability to perform introspection of incident for after action reports to both technical and non-technical staff
- Up to date understanding of threat vectors, attacker methodology and how they tie into the cyber kill chain or ATT&CK framework.
Specialized Skill Areas
- Digital Forensics
- SIEM Exposure
- Incident response triage
- Malware reverse engineering
- Threat hunting
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a fully adjudicated Secret and Interim Top Secret clearance
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Work location: Fairmont, WV or Washington, DC
- Candidate must have one or more of the following required certifications: CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler, CEH Certified Ethical Hacker, CISSP, GCIH Certified Incident Handler, GISF Information Security Fundamentals
- Travel: Yes, up to 10%
About IBSS Corp.
IBSS is a Woman-Owned business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional and technical, scientific, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.