Sr. DevSecOps Solutions Architect - Applications Lead
Job Title: Sr. DevSecOps Solutions Architect – Applications Lead
Location: HYBRID – must be local to Washington, DC metro area
Clearance Required: US Citizen - able to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance
IBSS is hiring a Senior DevSecOps Solutions Architect to lead our growing DevSecOps practice. The Solutions Architect will lead a coding team and serve as the lead DevSecOps Application Architect on a program comprised of multiple Agile Teams. In support of a federal agency, this team will perform a full suite of integrated data analytics and DevSecOps tasks in an AWS cloud environment using Agile methodologies. This is an excellent career opportunity for a highly experienced Web Application Architect that has extensive experience leading application development and automation initiatives utilizing modern web technologies following the DevSecOps approach.
- Lead application design and implementation, including creating user stories for business functionality and technical requirements, defining acceptance criteria, estimating the size of stories, and designing solutions, including business/system/data architecture.
- Design technical solutions to meet the client’s business needs.
- Oversee the development of an automated CI/CD with integrated security gates for continuous development, delivery, and integration.
- Ensure end-to-end automated testing with integrated reporting.
- Support the development and integration of software Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Document system design and procedures. Store all client requirements, epics/stories, source code and tests in Enterprise Confluence, JIRA, and GitHub repository.
- Oversee the design, implementation, and maintenance of data architecture and services for AI/ML.
- Evolve and adopt best practices for IT delivery, including integrating AI/ML into the DevSecOps approach.
- Lead complex programming tasks and perform code reviews.
- Support Hardware/Software in an Open-source AWS Environment.
Required Skills /Education/ Certifications & Qualifications
- Must be a US Citizen - obtain and maintain a public trust clearance.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology Management or Engineering, or other comparable degree or experience.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in the Information Technology field, with a focus on DevSecOp and technical architecture.
- Minimum of three years of experience deploying production enterprise applications in AWS that use AI/ML.
- Advanced Certification in AWS required (AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner, or AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional or AWS Certified DevOps Engineer)
- Experience leading a team of 50 or more FTEs, including Agile teams delivering application development and sustainment solutions.
- Experience in large-scale, high-performance enterprise big data application deployment and solution architecture on complex heterogeneous environments in AWS.
- Experience implementing NIST Security Best Practices
- Problem-solving skills with the aptitude to support self-organizing multi-disciplinary teams with experience in persona development, data visualization, high-fidelity prototyping, and business process design
- Experience with the latest enterprise systems development techniques, technologies, programming languages, and AWS cloud offerings.
- Experience with CI/CD tools, Confluence, JIRA, GitHub and Containerization in an AWS environment.
- Strong foundation in test-driven development, including Unit, Application, and Integration testing.
- Experience working with Agile Development Methodologies (Scrum/Kanban/SAFe).
What this role is NOT:
- Site Reliability Engineer
- Build & Release Engineer
- Cloud Infrastructure Engineer/Architect
- BI, ETL or Data Architect
- Experience Leading a Code and Technical Challenges for DevSecOps
- Experience in multiple cloud environments (in addition to AWS.)
- Knowledge of the DHS/USCIS domain, Human-Centered Design (HCD) expertise, and Product Management experience.
- AI/ML engineering project leadership.
About IBSS Corp.
IBSS is a Woman-Owned business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, paid time off, federal holidays, matching 401K plan, tuition/professional development reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.