Proposal Manager/Writer Consultant (1099/C2C)
IBSS is looking for a Proposal Manager/Writer consultant to support IBSS proposal development and new business capture activities. The successful candidate will be a skilled writer and editor, highly organized, have strong attention to detail, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. The successful candidate will also have experience managing government or commercial procurements.
- Customizing and developing written content
- Reviewing and editing drafts and providing feedback
- Managing and updating standard proposal content and past performance descriptions
- Setting and managing proposal schedule
- Preparing proposal compliance matrix, outline, and related materials
- Facilitating proposal kick-off meetings and color team reviews
- Working with capture managers to develop win themes and assess capabilities
- Leading storyboarding sessions, overseeing content development, and providing direction to proposal writers
- Coordinating data calls with partners and internal subject matter experts (SMEs)
- Finalizing layout and assisting with graphical elements
- Ensuring overall proposal compliance
- Assisting with capture activities
- Additional duties as assigned
- Proposal management and writing experience
- Experience writing IT, cybersecurity or scientific proposals
- Ability to interview technical experts to create written content
- Content management experience
- Strong editing skills including content, grammar, and punctuation
- Ability to contribute in a collaborative environment
- Solid organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with Shipley proposal development methods
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional and technical, scientific, cybersecurity, Information Technology (IT), and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.