FOIA Paralegal IV
Job Title: FOIA Paralegal IV
Location: Arlington, VA at 1 min walk from Pentagon City Metro Station - ( DEA on-site)
Clearance Required: Ability to obtain a Public Trust clearance. (background check will be conducted)
IBSS is seeking a FOIA Paralegal level IV to lead a team of 11 Paralegals and Analysts. The role is located on-site in Arlington, VA. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious, energetic professional who is a people person with strong customer service skills. Seeking a leader with a strong training experience and desire to mentor and develop their team members. If you are interested in this great opportunity, please submit your resume.
- Provide assistance to attorneys.
- FOIA Request training to Paralegal and Analyst team members
- Provide Paralegals and FOIA Analysts case review
- Directs and supervises the work of paralegal and other contractor staff, particularly on major paralegal support efforts, such as large legal research projects.
- Provide assistance for administrative litigation cases
- Monitors work and reports on progress: responsible for ensuring that work meets contract and attorney requirements and is delivered on-time
- Troubleshoots and performs quality control spot-checks.
- Must be able to formulate administrative and technical procedures for getting the work done
- Performs complex legal factual research.
- Designs and develops systems and procedures for tracking. controlling, and managing case files, exhibits, and other case-specific materials.
- Arranges for access to appropriate Department of Justice (DoJ) libraries and other legal research facilities.
- Coordinates with other contractor support components in order to accomplish work.
- High visibility role with significant interaction with Government officials and clients
Required Skills /Education/ Certifications & Qualifications:
- BS/BA Degree
- Minimum 3 years of FOIA (Freedom of Information Act) Paralegal or Analyst experience required.
- Must have FOIA training experience.
- Demonstrated mentorship and development experience of team members/direct reports.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Sound working knowledge of legal systems, legal research procedures. and sources of information.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. analytic ability. And thorough knowledge of legal research tools.
- Hands-on familiarity with a variety of computer applications, including word processing. database. spreadsheet. and telecommunications.
- Ability to consistently deliver highest quality work under extreme pressure.
- Federal FOIA request processing experience
- Redaction experience
- FOIAXpress experience.
About IBSS Corp.
IBSS is a Woman-Owned business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, paid time off, federal holidays, matching 401K plan, tuition/professional development reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.