Intrusion / SOC Analyst - Tier 3 **Top-Secret Clearance Required**
Title: Intrusion Analyst
Location: Fairmont WV, Boulder CO, Silver Spring MD
Clearance: Minimum Interim TS required or Full TS
IBSS is searching for Incident Responders to support a federal agency Enterprise Security Operations Center (ESOC) team.
- (1) Shift - 7am to 7pm "4 - 3 - 3 - 4" shift rotation:
- weeks one and four = 4 days on 3 days off
- week two and three = 3 days on 4 days off
- (1) Non-Shift - 24x7 rotation of nights and weekends:
- 8am to 4:30 pm
- Respond to cyber incidents, including responding to IR phone calls and emails, and preparing situational awareness reports for the agency, its bureaus, and/or agency management
- Act as main investigators for potential incidents identified by SOC analysts
- Investigate phishing and self-identified potential cyber threats (phishing emails sent to the CIRT)
- Work with Agency users to analyze, triage, contain, and remediate security incidents
- Track incident managements thoroughly and communicate with end users and senior CIO officials effectively
- Participate regularly in SOC working group sessions, to include idea generation for new content rules for security alerting and reduction of false positives. Collaborate across organizational lines and develop depth in your desired cyber discipline and/or technologies
- Follow documented procedures yet have an eye towards process improvement/effectivity
- Knowledgeable on multiple technology and system types
- Able to articulate the incident response lifecycle
- Manages and responds to computer security incidents that involve enterprise systems and data including personally identifiable information (PII) breaches
- Detect, collect and report cybersecurity incidents
- Experience detecting and remediate malicious codes
- Helps improve the overall security posture by independently verifying the security of enterprise systems, and to ensure the timely dissemination of security information to the appropriate stakeholders
- Analyze firewall logs, Full Packet Capture (PCAP), IDS alerts, Anti-malware alerts, Host Intrusion Prevent System (HIPS), and server and application logs to investigate events and incidents for anomalous activity and produce reports of findings
- Conduct reviews and analysis of proxy logs, Microsoft Windows and Active Directory logs, Orchestrator logs, and malicious code to identify, contain, eradicate, and ensure recovery from incidents
- Experience with multiple types of attack types and attack vectors
- Ability to perform deep dive investigations from start to finish of a security incident using data from both host based and network based devices.
- Ability to forensically investigate both Windows and Linux devices for compromise.
- Ability to analyze malicious files through code analysis/reverse engineering.
- Up to date understanding of threat vectors, attacker methodology and how they tie into the cyber kill chain or ATT&CK framework.
- Ability to perform introspection of incident for after action reports to both technical and non-technical staff
Specialized Skill Areas and Experience:
- Digital Forensics (EnCase, FireEye/Mandiant, FTK
- Automation/Scripting (Python experience preferred)
- SIEM Exposure (Splunk, ArcSight)
- Incident response triage
- Malware reverse engineering
- Threat hunting
Must have at least one of the following certification:
- CERT Certified Computer Security Incident Handler
- ECC CEH (Electronic Commerce Council Certified Ethical Hacker)
- GCIH (GIAC Certified Incident Handler)
- GISF (GIAC Information Security Fundamentals)
- CISSP (ISC2 Certified Information System Security Professional)
- SCNP (Security Certified Network Professional)
- SCNA (Security Certified Network Architect)
- Must be US Citizen
- Minimum fully adjudicated Secret and Interim Top-Secret clearance or a Full Top-Secret
About IBSS Corp
IBSS is a Woman-Owned business. Since 1992, IBSS has provided specialized professional, scientific, technical, cybersecurity, IT, and software engineering solutions to the Federal sector. Our clients include the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), the Department of Defense (DoD), and the Department of Justice (DOJ). We are committed to serving our clients and employees by delivering service excellence, creating value through technology, and continually improving our skills, services, and processes. Moreover, we maintain an ISO 9001:2015 certification which allows us to optimize current industry best practices to enhance delivery outcomes for our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including paid vacation, medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, matching 401K plan, tuition/training reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.