Content Manager & Social Media Specialist
Job Title: Content Manager & Social Media Specialist
Location: Seattle, WA
Job Description/ Scope of Work:
IBSS is seeking a Full-time Content Manager and Social Media Manager to support AFSC’s diverse science portfolio by planning and executing the development of front-end web media, social media, and graphics materials that inform appropriate target audiences of AFSC’s research, accomplishments, and activities. The Web Content and Social Media Manager will promote AFSC science, products, and services, both internally and externally, to other international, federal, state, and local agencies, universities, and the general public.
- Produces and/or edits multi-media content for website and social media platforms, including Twitter and Facebook.
- Web point of contact for building web pages in Drupal CMS (providing HTML edits as needed) and serving as a lead member on the transition team to move older regional web content into the content management system in support of the national website development
- Edits and posts content on the website for field season “blog” and AFSC web stories
- Uses analytical tools (e.g., Google Analytics, Twitter, Facebook, Siteimprove) to produce a monthly report to evaluate the effectiveness of Communications Program web and social media communications efforts/products
- Performs a variety of tasks/assignments in a fast-paced environment
- A Bachelor’s in user experience design, front end web/visual design, digital communications or related field, 5 years demonstrated experience.
- A master in a related field may be substituted for 3 years of experience
- Possess a high degree of familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the digital communications or user experience field
- Relies on a higher degree of expertise and judgment to plan and accomplish goals
- Possess knowledge and ability to edit HTML and CSS
- Able to work with a high degree of independence and judgment
- Knowledge of writing and editing for Search Engine Optimization (SEO), ability to follow a style guide, and ensure content accessibility and end-user readability.
- Proficient in writing and editing for the web and social media platforms (with the ability to come up with several iterations of post copy to grow following on social media).
- Experienced in the use of HTML and CSS, code editors and FTP tools like Dreamweaver (or similar), Content Management systems like Drupal for posting web stories, Photoshop and Illustrator to curate photos and graphics and experience working with visual/graphic designers, photographers, and videographers to produce visual media products for visual platforms like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Lumen5 and other social media platforms as needed.
- Experienced in creating and adapting content for use in Twitter, Facebook, and Drupal/blogs, and in providing general office support to successfully perform the requirements under this task order.
- Experience evaluating content inventories, matching agency business objectives with top tasks to help prioritize and organize content, information architecture, content mapping, structured content, content models, and types
- Working knowledge of Drupal
- Familiarity with the use of analytical tools such as Google Analytics, Siteimprove, Twitter, and Facebook analytics to track communications program activities/output success.
- Experience in digital media, including YouTube and other new tools as needed.
- UX Design Experience
- Basic knowledge of available digital media communication tools, metrics, and ability to research and identify innovative technical and platform options and solutions to meet evolving digital communication needs.
About IBSS Corp:
Since 1992, IBSS, a woman-owned small business, has provided transformational consulting services to the Federal defense, civilian, and commercial sectors. Our services include information technology, environmental science and engineering, and professional management solutions. Our approach is to serve our employees by investing in their growth and development. As a result, our employees bring greater capabilities and provide an exceptional level of service to our clients. Our tagline, Powered by Excellence, is a recognition of the employees that make up IBSS and ensure we deliver results with quality, applying industry best practices and certifications. We apply our services, certified ISO 9001:2015, ISO 27001, ISO 20000, and CMMI, to deliver impactful consulting services to our clients.
IBSS offers a competitive benefits package including medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage with company-paid deductible, paid time off, federal holidays, matching 401K plan, tuition/professional development reimbursement, and Flex-Spending (FSA)/Dependent Care Account (DCA) options.
IBSS is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.