Community Integration Specialist (Entry - Level)
Community Integration Specialist
Enhance your career and join our community-based day services team! You can be a part of a rewarding opportunity to support adults with autism and/or other intellectual disabilities. We’re rapidly expanding and in need of new staff who are eager to grow with the company. Candidates can be experienced or IABA will provide training for highly motivated non-experienced staff!
As a Community Integration Specialist, you will have more than just a job - you will have the opportunity to directly impact someone’s life for the better! You will support individuals with disabilities and match them with activities, volunteer work, interests, and/or employment.
Every day brings a new experience and opportunity to learn, teach and support while promoting the success of full inclusion in the community! Your daily routine can include:
- Facilitate meaningful community connections
- Facilitate employment opportunities
- Support individuals at their places of employment or school
- Assist individuals in using public transportation and provide transportation as assigned
- Teach independent life skills
- Increase helpful, adaptive behaviors
- Have fun!
- Possess minimum of High School Diploma or G.E.D.
- Conduct themselves in a professional, responsible and reliable manner
- Have a motivation to learn new skill and help people
- Demonstrate honesty and respect
- Adhere to written support plans for clients
- Possess a reliable automobile and be willing to transport clients
- Prior training and/or experience in ABA are a plus!
- CPR/First Aid and ProAct certification within first two weeks of employment
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, and lift 25 lbs.
- Successfully pass a Live Scan DOJ/FBI background check and pre-employment drug test
- Possess valid California Driver's license and provide a current driving record issued by the DMV
- Provide proof of current car insurance
- Provide High School Diploma and/or other qualifying certificates
- Full-Time and Part Time Hours Available
- Monday - Friday Schedule, up to 33 hours per week
- Compensation: $13.00 -14.25
What we offer you:
- Medical and Dental insurance for employees who work over 31 hours per week
- Mileage reimbursement
- Vacation Time Off & Holiday Pay for Full time Employees
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- On-the-job training, career development and advancement opportunities
- 401(k) Plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
Come join our team!