Are you a compassionate, people-oriented person who wants a rewarding opportunity supporting adults with autism or other developmental disabilities? We would love you to join our STEP Services team!
Our goal in STEP is to support our clients in spending their days actively participating in their community and engaging in activities of their choice, while also challenging them to try new things!!
As an Employment Specialist, you will have more than just a job - you will have the opportunity to directly impact someone’s life for the better! You have the opportunity to help identify skills and interests in individuals living with disabilities and match them with activities, volunteer work, or employment. You will find that everyday brings a new experience and opportunity to learn, teach and support while promoting the success of full inclusion in the community.. Your daily routine can include:
- Facilitating meaningful community connections
- Establishing friendships
- Support individuals at their places of employment, which may or may not include paid of volunteer work or attending school
- Assists individuals is accessing and using public and generic transportation and provide transportation as assigned
- Teaching independent life skills
- Increasing helpful, adaptive behaviors
- Having fun!
Qualifications: This entry-level position requires at least a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Preferred: One year of training and experience in providing support services for individuals who are challenged with physical or developmental disabilities, or an A.A. degree in psychology or related field.
Requirements: Successful candidates will demonstrate honesty and respect while maintaining a positive, professional work ethic. Must have a high level of accountability and dependability. Knowledge of positive behavior supports a plus!
- Able to support clients in their daily routines; including, but not limited to, nutrition, self-care, social, recreational, personal relationships, money management, etc.
- Be certified in CPR/First Aid, and ProAct within the first two weeks of employment.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, and lift 30 lbs.
- Successfully pass a Live Scan DOJ/FBI background check and pre-employment drug test
- Possess valid California Driver's license and provide a current driving record issued by the DMV
- Provide proof of current car insurance
- Provide High School Diploma and/or other qualifying certificates
- Full-Time and Part Time Hours Available
- Monday - Friday Schedule, up to 30 hours per week
- Compensation: $13.00 -14.25
What we offer you:
- Medical and Dental insurance for employees who work over 33 hours per week
- Mileage reimbursement
- Vacation Time Off & Holiday Pay for Full time Regular Status Employees
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- On-the-job training, career development and advancement opportunities
- 401(k) Plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Flexible work schedules
What is STEP Services?
Our Job Coaches work in various settings supporting individuals living with disabilities to access the community. Supported Employment makes it possible for people with varying levels of disabilities such as autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and intellectual disability, to become active, wage-earning members of the workforce by generating positive employment opportunities and providing ongoing support so that they may be successful in the workplace.
We are looking for a Job Coach who can help the individual choose, secure and retain a job. Our job is to help identify skills and interests in individuals living with disabilities and match them with activities, volunteer work, or employment.
Come join our team!