Community Support Companion (SIGN-ON BONUS*)
LIMITED TIME SIGN-ON BONUS FOR QUALIFYING APPLICANTS: A sign-on bonus of ($500) is payable to you following your 6 (six) month anniversary, contingent upon meeting satisfactory performance standards. Should you choose to leave the Company prior to your one-year anniversary, you will be required to reimburse the Company a prorated share of the sign-on bonus.
Supported Living Companion
Social/Community Integration and Participation (SCIP)is a 24-hour supported living service with positions that can provide the opportunity to work day, evening and/or overnight shifts. Some individuals may require assistance with personal care needs such as toileting, bathing, general hygiene, housekeeping, etc. Most of the people we support have challenging behaviors, which are often tied to a skills deficit in communication, coping skills, or social ability. We strive to determine the cause of the behavior and assist our participants in finding a more appropriate way to get their needs met, thus reducing their need to use inappropriate behavior. This involves assessing their abilities, strengths, and opportunities for growth, as well as teaching positive skills so they can get their needs met appropriately. Our clients are served in 1:1 and 2:1 staff to client ratios, depending on their needs. Service is delivered in client homes and in the community, and may involve the activities of daily life such as grocery shopping, going to doctor’s appointments, and other usual errands. The service we provide allows people with a variety of disabilities to live in their own home in the community, participate as an active member in their families and communities, and develop independence skills and meaningful relationships.
Opportunity: The Institute for Applied Behavior Analysis (IABA) supports adults and children with developmental disabilities, such as Autism and Down Syndrome, etc., and challenging behaviors. We are looking for a person with great people skills to join our team to support adult individuals with developmental disabilities to achieve their goals by providing individualized support and assistance.
Working as a Supported Living Companion includes
- facilitating meaningful community connections
- establishing friendships
- exploring and participating in a variety of recreational
and educational activities
- teaching independent life skills
- managing challenging behaviors.
Qualifications: One year of training and experience in providing support services for individuals who are challenged with physical or developmental disabilities, or at least an A.A. degree in psychology or related field. Experience in Applied Behavior Analysis preferred.
Requirements: Successful candidates will demonstrate honesty and respect while maintaining a positive, professional work ethic.
Must have a high level of accountability and dependability
- Must be comfortable providing personal/intimate care and working with clients requiring a behavior plan
- Able to address basic care needs of clients including but not limited to the following: medical, nutritional, hygienic, social, recreational, personal management, transportation, etc.
- Get certified in CPR/First Aid upon or prior to hiring
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, and lift 30 lbs.
- Successfully pass a Live Scan DOJ/FBI background check and pre-employment drug test
- Pass TB test
- Possess valid California Driver's license and provide a current driving record issued by the DMV
- Provide current car insurance
- Provide High School Diploma and/or other qualifying certificate(s)
Compensation: $14.50 - $16.15
Dependent on education, experience, and site location
* Must be available for evening, overnights or weekends
Medical benefits and paid time off are available to full time staff.
What we offer you:
- Medical and dental insurance for employees who work over 31 hours per week
- Mileage reimbursement
- Vacation Time Off & Holiday Pay for Full time Regular Status Employees
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- On-the-job training, career development and advancement opportunities
- 401(k) Plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next