Lead Supported Living Specialist (Full-Time)
Lead Supported Living Specialist
Are you a compassionate, people-oriented person who wants a rewarding opportunity supporting adults with autism or other developmental disabilities? We would love you to join our Supported Living Services team!
As a Lead Supported Living Specialist, you will have more than just a job - you will have the opportunity to directly impact someone’s life for the better! You will work with individuals in their own homes and surrounding communities. Your daily routine can include:
- Facilitating meaningful community connections
- Lead team meetings
- Establishing friendships
- Exploring and participating in a variety of recreational and educational activities
- Teaching independent life skills
- Increasing helpful, adaptive behaviors
- Rotating on-call responsibilities
- Having fun!
Qualifications: This position requires at least an A.A. and/or two years experience in providing support services for individuals who are challenged with physical or developmental disabilities. B.A. in psychology, sociology, human services, or related fields preferred.
Requirements: Successful candidates will demonstrate honesty and respect while maintaining a positive, professional work ethic. Must have a high level of accountability and dependability.
- Able to support clients in their daily routines; including, but not limited to, nutrition, self-care, social, recreational, personal relationships, money management, etc.
- Knowledge of positive behavior support practices
- Be certified in CPR/First Aid, and ProAct within the first two weeks of employment.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, and lift 25 lbs.
- Successfully pass a Live Scan DOJ/FBI background check and pre-employment drug test
- Possess valid California Driver's license and provide a current driving record issued by the DMV
- Provide proof of current car insurance
- Provide formal documentation of highest level of education completed and/or other qualifying certificates
- Very flexible schedule - Afternoons, Weekends, and Overnight Shifts
- Compensation: $15.60 -18.21
What we offer you:
- Medical and Dental insurance for employees who work over 31 hours per week
- Mileage reimbursement
- Vacation Time Off & Holiday Pay for Full time Regular Status Employees
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- On-the-job training, career development and advancement opportunities
- 401(k) Plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Flexible work schedules
What is Supported Living?