Community Support Specialist (Entry - Level, Ventura County)
Community Support Specialist
Are you a compassionate, people-oriented person who wants a rewarding opportunity supporting adults with autism or other developmental disabilities? We would love you to join our Supported Living Services team!
As a Community Support Specialist, you will have more than just a job - you will have the opportunity to directly impact someone’s life for the better! You will work with individuals in their own homes and surrounding communities. Your daily routine can include:
- Facilitating meaningful community connections
- Establishing friendships
- Exploring and participating in a variety of recreational and educational activities
- Teaching independent life skills
- Increasing helpful, adaptive behaviors
- Having fun!
Qualifications: This entry-level position requires at least a High School Diploma and one year of training and experience in providing support services for individuals who are challenged with physical or developmental disabilities, or an A.A. degree in psychology or related field.
Requirements: Successful candidates will demonstrate honesty and respect while maintaining a positive, professional work ethic. Must have a high level of accountability and dependability. Knowledge of positive behavior supports a plus!
- Able to support clients in their daily routines; including, but not limited to, nutrition, self-care, social, recreational, personal relationships, money management, etc.
- Be certified in CPR/First Aid, and ProAct within the first two weeks of employment.
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, squat, and lift 30 lbs.
- Successfully pass a Live Scan DOJ/FBI background check and pre-employment drug test
- Possess valid California Driver's license and provide a current driving record issued by the DMV
- Provide proof of current car insurance
- Provide High School Diploma and/or other qualifying certificates
- Full-Time and Part Time Hours Available
- Very flexible schedule - Afternoons, Weekends, and Overnight Shifts
- Compensation: $14.50 -16.16
What we offer you:
- Medical and Dental insurance for employees who work over 31 hours per week
- Mileage reimbursement
- Vacation Time Off & Holiday Pay for Full-time Regular Status Employees
- Employee discounts; fun employee events
- On-the-job training, career development, and advancement opportunities
- 401(k) Plan
- A rewarding work environment
- Meaningful relationships with your co-workers and the individuals we serve
- Dynamic work environment, no day is ever the same as the next
- Flexible work schedules
What is Supported Living?