Human Resources Consultant (Contingent)
Human Resources Consultant
HWC is looking for a human resources consultant to support our clients in a fast-paced federal government environment. Successful applicants bring a broad set of recruiting skillsets, are intellectually curious, self-starters, and excel in ambiguous and changing environments.
This position is on-site in Washington DC.
What You Will be Doing:
- Originating and leading Human Resources practices and objectives that will provide an employee-oriented, high-performance culture.
- Serving as the strategic advisor and business partner to the federal leadership and management teams.
- Developing and administering policies and programs including: recruitment, salary and benefits administration, training/development, employee/labor relations, benefits, and EEO/affirmative action programs.
- Ensuring that programs, practices, and policies comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Completing or reviewing SF-52s in accordance with the Guide to Processing Personnel actions
- Quickly building and maintaining effective working relationships with government points of contact and other HWC teammates.
Most Relevant Skills:
- Ability to develop and implement HR policies and programs
- Personnel management skills
- Strong verbal and interpersonal skills
- Strong written communication skills
- Consulting and problem-solving skills
- Qualitative and quantitative analysis and reporting
- Communications and stakeholder engagement
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 – 6 years of experience
- Experience working in federal government HR settings
- US Citizenship
- “Clean” criminal and financial/credit record enabling a successful U.S. government “Public Trust” background investigation
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Master’s degree
- Formal HR certifications
- Experience in a public health or other life sciences environment
- Experience working in a federal government office.
HWC believes in changing the world for good. We are a multidisciplinary firm headquartered in Washington, DC that helps mission-driven partners inside and outside government create meaningful, durable change.
We focus on hiring world-changers and creating a vibrant culture where employees can collaborate creatively, explore new ideas, and grow professionally. Specialized practice areas, philanthropic and social initiatives, and a learning-oriented culture complement a comprehensive benefits program. HWC is a welcoming community that is stronger because of our team’s diverse backgrounds and experiences. Visit https://www.hwcinc.com/life-at-hwc/ to learn more about being part of HWC.