Communications & Stakeholder Engagement Consultant (Contingent)
HWC is looking for consultants with expertise in a variety of communications specialties for multiple roles supporting our government customer's emergency preparedness and response missions. Successful applicants walk the line between business and technology, are intellectually curious, self-starters, and excel in ambiguous and changing environments.
This position is on-site in Washington DC.
What You Will be Doing:
Candidates will fill one of several potential roles with some of the following responsibilities:
- Providing strategic communications expertise to senior client leadership;
- Identifying and analyzing target audiences;
- Developing written and/or visual content for leadership presentations, websites, social media and publications aligned with relevant policies;
- Planning and executing in-person and virtual events;
- Identifying, tracking and facilitating client relationship management with diverse stakeholders;
- Supporting media relations, including coordinating media inquiries and responses with client technical and communications/external affairs staff;
- Identifying emerging customer issues and proactively developing strategies to address those concerns.
- Ability to translate complex scientific and technical information for non-technical audiences
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, life sciences or related field
- At least 4 years' experience
- “Clean” criminal and financial/credit record enabling a successful U.S. government “Public Trust” background investigation
- Working knowledge of Section 508 requirements and compliance
- Graduate degree and at least 6 years’ experience
- Current Secret-level security clearance (required for some roles)
- Previous federal government consulting experience
At HWC, we believe good government can change the world. We bring together smart people and ideas from across disciplines to design solutions that help our clients thrive in complex environments. With expertise ranging from organizational development, data analytics, training & exercises to scientific services, our consultants work closely with customers to support Public Health Preparedness, Homeland Security and Emergency Management missions. We also believe in creating a vibrant culture where our employees can collaborate, explore new ideas and grow professionally. Specialized communities of practice, a flexible career growth model, social gatherings, philanthropic initiatives, virtual brown bags, and numerous grassroots initiatives complement a comprehensive benefits program designed with our employees’ needs in mind. Learn more by visiting www.hwcinc.com today. Founded in 2005, HWC is proud to be a small, woman owned business that values inclusion and diversity, and we welcome all interested individuals to apply. HWC is a 2015 Washington SmartCEO Corporate Culture Award Winner!