Program Analyst – Continuity of Operations (Contingent)
HWC is looking for consultants with expertise in a wide variety of scientific, medical, technical and project management specialties for an exciting new contract supporting the Department of Health and Human Service’s (DHHS) office of the Assistant Secretary for Preparedness and Response – a public health preparedness and emergency response organization leading the nation in preventing, preparing for, and responding to the adverse health effects of public health emergencies and disasters. Successful applicants walk the line between business and technology, are intellectually curious, self-starters, and excel in ambiguous and changing environments.
This position is on-site in Washington DC.
What You Will be Doing:
- Reviewing and analyzing DHHS Continuity of Operations (COOP) plans and procedures to assess their effectiveness
- Developing new or updated COOP plans and procedures compliant with DHHS and other Federal government policies and directives
- Organizing and facilitating in-person visits, group discussions, and email exchanges to identify strengths and best practices as well as gaps and areas for improvement
- Organizing and facilitating workshops with client stakeholders to support testing, training, and exercising of COOP plans
- Creating tools and templates to facilitate HQ and regional continuity planning efforts
- Supporting continuity working group meetings, to include maintaining needed distribution lists and point of contact rosters
- Supporting operational needs at the DHHS continuity facility
Most Relevant Skills:
- Project management
- Consulting and problem-solving
- Written and verbal communication
- Graduate degree in public health, life sciences, emergency management, or related field
- 4 – 6 years’ experience in emergency preparedness and response
- US Citizenship
- “Clean” criminal and financial/credit record enabling a successful U.S. government “Public Trust” background investigation
- Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 Vaccination by the date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination is required.
- Experience with Continuity of Operations principles, plans and exercises
- Operational emergency management or military experience
- HWC believes in changing the world for good. We are a multidisciplinary firm headquartered in Washington, DC that helps mission-driven partners inside and outside government create meaningful, durable change.
- We also believe in creating a vibrant culture where our employees can collaborate, explore new ideas and grow professionally. Specialized communities of practice, a flexible career growth model, social gatherings, philanthropic initiatives, virtual brown bags, and numerous grassroots initiatives complement a comprehensive benefits program designed with our employees’ needs in mind. HWC is a welcoming community that is stronger because of our team’s diverse backgrounds and experiences. Visit https://www.hwcinc.com/life-at-hwc/ to learn more about being part of HWC.