In the industry of commercial refrigeration, provide engineering, estimating and planning services to the branch or distributors to service customer needs. Provide design engineering and quality assurance services to manufacturing areas where applicable. Interact with the development, programmer, and manufacturing engineer to develop CAD models and engineering drawings to support the production of prototypes, final design, manufacturing, and quality specifications.
- Conduct engineering studies on most efficient type of systems requirements
- Make recommendations to sales department on innovative engineering approaches and advantages of various types of products
- Work with sales, customers, consulting engineering from other groups to assure proper system layouts and designs
- Assist all field and customer service personnel in answering all direct application inquires
- Responsible for the creation of detailed product and tooling computer models and drawings
- Direct expedition of tooling and product prototypes
- Develop engineering drawings, including detailed drawings using information provided from existing drawings.
- Perform maintenance of CAD files in response to engineering changes
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Ability to successfully manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced work environment
- Strong communication skills, verbal and written, required
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Flexibility to work outside normal working hours
- Working knowledge of HVAC/R preferred
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record
This role is based out of Grand Rapids, MI.
Our organization offers benefits that are the best fit for you at every stage of your career:
Comprehensive Insurance Plans: Health, Dental and Vision, 401k with Company Matching Contribution, Discretionary 401k Company Contribution, Tuition Reimbursement Program, Life/Disability Insurance, Family Leave, Panasonic Employee Discounts, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Wellness Program, Identity Protection, Community Stewardship, Employee Assistance Program and more
Hussmann is a subsidiary of Panasonic USA. We are a leader in providing display merchandisers, refrigeration systems, installation and services to food retailers around the world. We do more than provide a refrigeration system or install and maintain equipment. We provide our customers with solutions to make their businesses better. Finding a better way has always been the Hussmann way. Since 1906, our focus on innovation has helped food retailers succeed. We hold over a 122 U.S. patents and 320 international patents from more than a dozen countries. We collaborate with customers across a variety of food retail segments as we work towards fulfilling a promise for better businesses, better partners, and a better world.
Hussmann is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to veteran status, disability, age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetics, marital status, pregnancy, or any other non-merit-based factors.