Maintenance Tech Level 1
MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN LEVEL 1
1st Shift (1 OPENING): 4:00am -2:30pm Monday -Thursday (Main Campus)
2ND Shift (2 OPENINGS): 2:30pm -1:00am Monday -Thursday (Building 3)
3rd Shift 11:00pm - 6:30am Monday - Friday
The Maintenance group at Hunter Douglas is an exciting team to join. Our Maintenance Techs get the opportunity to work on a variety of equipment and because our process for developing textiles is so unique, much of the equipment is proprietary and built-in house. Troubleshooting, root-cause analysis, problem solving, hands-on repair, development of new equipment, and preventative maintenance are responsibilities our techs manage on a regular basis.
Temperature Controlled Environment
VPP Certified Site, Safety Focus
Defined/Dependable Work Schedule
ACCEPTABLE TRAINING & EXPERIENCE
Two years technical trade school and two years practical experience in maintenance disciplines (i.e., HVAC repair, certified auto mechanic, avionics technician). A mix of both trade school and practical experience is also acceptable.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Responds to written work orders describing electrical and/or mechanical problems with the production equipment. Communicates with the equipment operator and other maintenance technicians to obtain information concerning malfunctions. Seeks to bring the equipment back in service as soon as possible.
- Performs preventive maintenance on production equipment according to schedule. Will be teamed with a maintenance technician of another level to be trained on various phases of equipment maintenance.
- Assists other maintenance technicians, engineers or engineering technicians in the building of various production equipment. Read blueprints to assemble parts; read simple schematics to wire electrical systems.
- Ability to properly and completely perform preventive maintenance on equipment using established checklists.
- Communicates with equipment operators on a regular basis to determine whether production equipment is operating correctly, at optimum efficiency and safely.
- Person keeps shop area clean and organizes repair parts as part of inventory.
- Basic knowledge of the safe use of production equipment.
- Basic knowledge of the proper functioning and repair of AC/DC motors. (MUST HAVE)
- Basic Knowledge of electrical circuits, simple relay logic, 24-volt systems (MUST HAVE)
- Basic knowledge of how to use, and interpret information from ammeters and voltmeters (MUST HAVE)
- Basic knowledge of the use of hand-held tools such as drills, screwdrivers, wrenches, and pliers. (MUST HAVE)
- Basic knowledge of how to use precision measuring devices such as calipers and micrometers. (MUST HAVE)
- Solid knowledge of basic math to include: fractions and decimals, simple algebraic equations and word problems, and English to metric/metric to English conversions of numbers.
- Ability to read and interpret simple mechanical blueprints and electrical schematics.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas include:
13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 6 weeks paid parental leave, 40 hours family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
Robust wellness program with monthly company wellness challenges.
Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!
Hourly Range: $22.50 /hr - $27 /hr Discretionary Bonus Amount Included