About the Company:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture - all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window fashions and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our nine-decade history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
About The Role- The Fabrication Quality Manager is responsible for:
- Analyze data/trends on weekly Quality reports (CRR-Customer Reject Rate, IRW-Internal Rework, FR-Freight and ME-Manufacturing Escapes) and communicate results to the Plants/Division leadership
- Lead Fabrication division analysis of Quality Alerts and the generated action items/investigations
- Create prioritized RCCM improvement at each plant on CRR, IRW, FR and ME in conjunction with Plants/Division leadership that will ensure adherence to quality goals
- Team up with CI Managers and lead coordination and tracking of progress on RCCM efforts (root cause analysis/training and project delivery) at each plant to ensure resolution of issue root cause, creation of proper countermeasures and putting the correct controls in place to prevent reoccurrence.
- Create and facilitate the Fabrication division weekly Quality meetings to present progress on adherence to quality goals and countermeasures
- Travel up to 50% of the time to audit Plants adherence to established Quality standards and Standard Work and to work with Plants to create countermeasures on gaps
- Team up with other HD divisions (Raw Materials, Manufacturing Plants, Customer Relations) to collect and analyze data/feedback throughout the Value Stream that will aid in designing the quality into the products
- Team up with Corporate Quality to improve Quality data collection systems/reports and to ensure adherence to Quality standards
- Lead, as assigned, data analysis/Root Cause analysis projects that will aid the Plants and Division in meeting their Safety, Quality , Delivery and Cost targets
- Engage, enhance, and fully execute the “Hunter Douglas Lean Management System”.
- Lead continuous improvement through cross-functional team facilitation and project management that will lead to Fabrication division meeting the SQDC targets.
- Drive the adherence of standard work/quality standards and ensures the integration with Lean Management System.
- Act as primary liaison with Quality steering committees.
- Network with other plant’s Lean/Quality leaders to leverage programs designed to continually improve operations and eliminate waste, fostering best practice and standardization.
- Provide leadership by mentoring associates in the use of Quality tools, ensuring transfer of knowledge, and creating a culture of continuous improvement with quality in mind.
- Collect and analyze the data on Plant processes, procedures and performance using evaluation tools and make recommendations on improvement quality-related opportunities/kaizens.
- Establish collaborative relationship with local plant management.
- Certify, train, and audit employees in use, understanding, and adherence to Standard Work quality-related specifications.
- Review and train employees and management on use of problem solving, quality, and analysis tools.
- Ensure processes are followed and consistent product quality is achieved according to internal specifications and external customer expectations.
- Lead Root Cause Corrective Measures (RCCM) activities and quality improvement initiatives, in conjunction with operations/department management, Fabrication Engineering, and Hunter Douglas Brand Team, facilitating contact and follow-up with all support groups, i.e. IT, Maintenance, etc.
- Monitor and implement corrective actions for internal (within Fabrication Division) and external (outside Fabrication Division) Quality by starting and participating in rapid improvement cycles.
- Provide analysis on quality improvement to reduce/eliminate plant controllable errors.
- Contributes to HD Lean Culture of continuous improvement, working with managers, supervisors, and employees, to identify improvement opportunities and implement corrective actions.
- Effectively communicate with management, peers, shifts, support groups, other Hunter Douglas Divisions, and employees throughout the company.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering (Quality or Industrial Engineering preferred) or related degree/diploma preferred
- Six Sigma Certification (Green or Black Belt)
- Minimum 3-5 Years of experience in a full-time Quality Control/Assurance Engineering/ Management role
- Strong working knowledge of setting up quality standards, quality auditing, data analysis, Root Cause Analysis, gap management, improvement plan execution/management.
- Strong Working knowledge of quality control/assurance systems and setting up and working with sampling plans/lot acceptance plans
- Working knowledge of lean manufacturing principles and tools (e.g., value stream mapping, Kaizen, Charters, 5S, Gemba walks, LMS, root cause problem solving) to identify and develop solutions that drive operational improvement in Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Ability to plan, prioritize and organize work without close supervision
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects with track record of successful project completion
- Computer and analytical skills required
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain strong business relationships
- Ability to work independently, making sound decisions regarding daily functions/priorities while reporting non-routine decisions to Management
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills along with superior computer skills, i.e. SAP, BW, Excel, Word, PPTX, Minitab (or other statistical software).
- Excellent communication and teaching skills, with a strong ability to rally employees and teams
- Proven ability to adapt and manage effectively in a changing environment
- Strong understanding of and commitment to manufacturing excellence
- Must be precise with the highest focus on quality and the customer experience