Hunter Douglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world.
The Flexo Solutions facility has printed and formed fabrics into the signature Honeycomb shape in Appleton, WI since 2003. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
We are looking to fill the following position:
Location: Appleton, WI
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 1st Shift (6a-2p)
As a Process Technician, you will perform daily maintenance operations necessary to ensure production efficiencies and production continuity. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing company and make an impact immediately in this newly created position!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform maintenance and troubleshooting on machines using mechanical, electrical and pneumatic skills. Light machining of parts when applicable.
- Identify and perform preventative maintenance on all equipment and document accordingly.
- Read and interpret equipment manuals, schematics, and work orders.
- Utilize a variety of hand tools, power tools, material handling equipment to perform duties.
- Generate and support continuous improvement processes by evaluating and implementing suggestions.
- Assist with new product development trials as necessary.
- Partner with production operators to identify root cause issues and corrective actions to prevent reoccurrence.
- Assist production team with make-ready duties.
- Work with hot melt adhesives and applications, servo drives and motors, web handling, systems and tension drives.
- Partner with outside contractors and vendors when necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of work area throughout shift to ensure a safe and orderly work environment.
- Follow all safety policies, procedures and PPE requirements; actively participate in safety initiatives.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Technical diploma in related field or 4-6 years’ experience required.
- Prior experience performing maintenance and troubleshooting using mechanical, electrical and pneumatic skills.
- Prior experience with web handling and flexo printing preferred.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Good written, math and oral communication skills.
- Well organized.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs occasionally.
Occasional travel related to customer visits, manufacturers/vendors, other company divisions or trade shows.