IT SAP Project Manager
IT Project Manager
Our IT Project Management team is growing! In this role, you will work with a variety of technologies including SAP and Salesforce and many other software applications, while also working with groups across the business from customer service to the plant floor. The projects you will work on will be application, software, and hardware-based. As an IT project manager, the work you do is grounded in the fact that Hunter Douglas is creating a tangible product (luxury window fashions) and the manufacturing occurs on-site. Hunter Douglas is a complex business with multiple stakeholders and businesses and you will play a critical role in not only effectively managing deliverables but also building relationships. Hunter Douglas prides itself on continuous improvement and our IT organization is always pushing to do more and do better; we invest in technology that will help drive the company forward. We take a nimble and flexible approach to project management which will allow you to grow your project management skills as we do not adhere to any one strict methodology. The IT PM at Hunter Douglas is a hands-on project management role that is appreciated by both the business and IT organization. If you enjoy eliminating roadblocks, driving processes, building relationships, and working on a variety of projects then we would love to talk with you! This role is based out of our Broomfield, CO location and will require 2 days of work on-site with 3 days of work from home.
- You have a flexible and adaptable approach to project management and use tools and practices that will best serve your individual project teams.
- You enjoy building relationships with others and can bridge the gap between business requirements and technology capabilities.
- You enjoy autonomy and are able to see the bigger picture and can take a project and run with it.
- You are also an effective communicator and can help project teams define and find action items and resolutions quickly. You can effectively schedule, facilitate and manage efficient and concise project meetings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science, accounting, business, engineering or other related field or equivalent years of experience in project management..
- A minimum of five (5) years in IT project management.
- Knowledge of project management methodologies, financial planning, purchasing, and vendor management.
- Project Management certification a plus PMP, Agile, ect….
- Basic knowledge with hardware & software installations.
- Solid knowledge working with Microsoft & Google Workspace products.
- Solid knowledge of and demonstrated experience in successfully implementing ERP systems and solutions.
- Expert knowledge of interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Expert knowledge in facilitating workshops with business users and IT for requirement collection, prioritization, and solution design.
- Ability to be a team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills, able to communicate clearly, ability to work both independently and as part of a team, and take direct requests from business and IT colleagues.
- Ability to build relationships, influence and negotiate solutions, and be open and able to lead change.
- Ability to demonstrate critical thinking, multi-tasking, prioritizing, patience, and motivation.
- Ability to demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving, multi-tasking, written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and assignments concurrently while maintaining high levels of quality and effectiveness.
What you will do:
- Responsible for effective management and implementation of IT projects with an average size and complexity of one or more divisions (including multiple sites within a division), one or two impacted systems or technologies, and multiple functional stakeholder groups.
- Responsible for managing more than one project at a time. Project workload may include one large-scale complex project ($1MM or more) and several medium ($500K or greater) and/or smaller projects ($250-$500K).
- Facilitate the definition of project mission, goals, objectives, and scope.
- Establish a work plan and staffing for each phase of the project, and arrange for recruitment or assignment of project personnel. Confer with project staff to outline work plan.
- Lead project teams through the requirements, design, development, testing, documentation, and implementation of solutions (e.g. software, infrastructure, data, reporting, etc.) to achieve the business objectives.
- Ensure technical assessments are completed on every project to validate infrastructure, requirements, additions, increased capacity needs, performance, facilities, and equipment are proactively planned for in the project activities and deliverables.
- Ensure proper operating procedures are in place and IT operations is aware when new projects are placed into production.
- Ensure project documentation is maintained and securely stored in the designated tools, and disseminated to appropriate team members, end-users, support personnel, and key stakeholders.
- Manage project resource schedules, activities, and budget. Direct and coordinate activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within budget. Escalate resource constraints as required.
- Provide effective leadership and guidance over project scope, schedule management, issue management, cost management, and risk management. Drives their project teams to make decisions and calls on senior management for additional direction (as needed).
- Performs work independently. Considered a high-level specialist in project management who regularly interacts and works with senior management. Uses advanced techniques, theories, and processes to complete work.
- Ensure effective communications (verbal and written) occur throughout the project with team members, key project stakeholders, and IT leadership. Includes topics such as status reports, project performance, timeline, budget, risks, issues, and other project deliverables.
- Resolve or assist in the resolution of conflicts within and between projects or functional areas.
- Provide mentoring, coaching, and development for less experienced project resources.
- Ensure adherence to the company’s project management framework during the execution of all IT projects. Leverage experience to contribute continuous improvement ideas for IT and PMO processes, methodologies, tools, etc.
- Ensure compliance with IT policies, IT standards and IT processes to maintain consistency, confidentiality, integrity, and availability of IT implementations.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- 13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 6 weeks paid new parent leave, and 40 hours of family care time off, and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical ( Kaiser or Cigna), dental ( Delta Dental), a vision plan ( VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with access to an on-site gym and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists, and more!
Pay range for this role: Base pay starts at $98,000 and is determined based on experience, with a discretionary bonus of 15%. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.