IT Business Partner, SAP FICO Manager
The IT FICO Business Partner is the primary business point of contact for the finance and accounting functions. They serve as the strategic interface to develop a technology strategy for solution discovery and delivery, operational support, and relationship management. This individual must connect the dots through a Stakeholder’s eyes with a keen ability to articulate the business strategy and the alignment of prioritized IT initiatives to achieve it faster and more efficiently with a measurable outcome. Industry and technical skills are a must. However, how the solutions, IT, and business team members are leveraged to achieve the objectives is more important.
Ideally, this position will be based in our Broomfield, CO office and will be hybrid (3 days in office, 2 days work from home). We are open to the possibility of fully remote (within the US only) for the right candidate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
An employee in this position may be called upon to do any or all of the following essential functions. (These examples do not include all of the functions which the employee may be expected to perform.)
- Represents and is responsible for all aspects of the Hunter Douglas Finance and Account Systems (SAP S4, Hyperion, Readsoft, OneSource); functional requirements, testing, quality and support of IT solutions as it relates to the delivery of IT solutions.
- Ensures IT work aligns with business strategies and needs
- Develop relationships with key executives, stakeholders, customers and suppliers; identify and sponsor opportunities to collaborate on innovative solution developments.
- Drive smarter technology investments through innovative, best practices and scale up successful developments across the organization.
- Monitor technology trends and competitor IT strategies as well as contribute to the development of our overall IT strategy.
- Work closely with IT organization to develop best practices in solution delivery.
- Experience at a leadership level is a must and the ability to interact and communicate across all levels of the organization is critical.
- Have accountability for ensuring program milestones and commitments as it relates to finance and accounting systems and implementations.
- Serve as a key escalation point for major support issues affecting our customers, managing significant issues through to resolution, as well as proscribing and managing ongoing remedies.
- Indirect responsibility for all business IT projects with capital costs typically in the range $500K - $1M pa, and 3 – 5 year impact to business.
- Accountable for delivery solutions on-time and on budget.
- Direct responsibility for delivery of solution work carried out by IT project staff/solution architects.
- Responsible for managing IT relationship with IT peers and related business constituents.
- Responsible for alignment of IT Solution Strategy for all finance and accounting systems.
- Key Outputs:
- Effective IT management coverage of the financial and accounting processes in use at Hunter Douglas.
- Effective management of the delivery of financial and accounting solutions in accordance with a developed application strategy.
- Trusted advisor relationship built with respective business owners.
- Innovative solutions to improve business performance identified and scoped into project proposals.
- Innovative application of information technology to business problems and opportunities, shared and scaled-up across organization where appropriate.
- Innovative IT solutions built with key solution partners.
- Enterprise project delivery plans agreed with constituents.
- IT solutions successfully delivered to cost, schedule and meeting strategic business requirements.
- Support the development and execution of the HD Enterprise architecture to ensure that investments in technology are aligned and support realization of the overall IT strategy.
- Key Relationships:
- Enterprise systems personnel to ensure alignment of resources to solution delivery function to overall business needs and strategy.
- Business owners of financial and accounting processes.
- Director, IT Services/Infrastructure to ensure the proper handoff of moving solutions into production and there effective day to day execution (run).
- Strategic vendors (understanding IT market developments; influencing vendor solution road maps; collaborative developments).
- Industry experts (understanding IT market developments and competitor strategies).
- Industry peers (best practice sharing; joint influencing of vendor solution road maps).
Education / Experience Requirements
- Bachelor Degree in Finance, Accounting or other related major
- 15+ years of IT experience with a broad range of exposure to various technical environments, platforms, and business segments.
- 10+ years of experience working with SAP FICO including multiple SAP rollouts/implementations with at least 3 implementations done on a global scale.
- 5+ years of prior experience in a finance and/or accounting role outside of IT (i.e. Finance Manager, Accountant, etc.)
- 5+ years of leadership experience either leading large teams and/or leading global implementations.
- Must have a solid background in Finance and/or Accounting either via work experience or with schooling having obtained a degree in either field.
- High technical acumen on SDLC processes and governance of SAP solutions.
- Substantial experience of working with senior level, decision making executives and their teams.
- Background in working on large project implementations on SAP.
- Experience managing multiple suppliers and partners simultaneously for a given program.
Qualifications & KSA’s
An employee in this position, upon appointment, should have the equivalent of the following:
- Expert finance and accounting business acumen and experience in implementing SAP solutions to support these processes, including integrating with other financial solutions
- Expert experience in manufacturing business, including make to order
- Expert knowledge of information technology solutions, technology trends and IT marketplace
- Strong facilitation and negotiation experience
- Succinct executive level verbal and written business communication in non-IT lingo.
- Analytical skills to measure and drive key business decisions on process & systems to enable the overall company success.
- Portfolio management skills to enable mutual prioritization of business demand.
- Expert in process design and modeling
- Expert Leadership - Meeting Management, team leadership experience
- Expert verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate effectively with executive leadership and other business partners
- Expert listening, interpersonal, negotiation and conflict management skills
- Expert relationship management skills
- Expert IT strategic planning skills
- Expert business process analysis and systems implementation skills: requirements/process analysis, conceptual and detailed design, configuration, testing, training, change
- Solid consulting skills (e.g. communication, facilitation, interviewing, negotiation, collaborative working)
- Solid organization skills and the ability to effectively handle multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Solid project management skills (tools, techniques and processes)
- Solid knowledge of IT vendor strategies
- Solid Knowledge of IT design, testing, and documentation methodologies (Agile, ITIL, etc.)
- Solid innovation skills
- Solid supplier management skills
Pay range for this role: $128,000 - $165,000 per year, depending on experience, with a discretionary bonus of up to 15%.
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Inc. include:
- 13 days of paid time off accrued yearly and 6 days of PST accrued yearly; 9 paid holidays, 6 weeks paid new parent leave, and 40 hours of family care time off, and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical (Kaiser or Cigna), dental (Delta Dental), a vision plan (VSP), life insurance, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, and HSA and FSA flexible spending accounts, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, and a college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program with access to an on-site gym and monthly company wellness challenges.
- Generous discount on window coverings, charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists, and more!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.