Territory Sales Manager
Summary: Sales, service, and support of Vista window covering products and programs to B2B retailers in assigned territory. Position requires substantial knowledge of product offerings, and ability to interact with dealers to provide complete and accurate information relative to inquiries about Vista products and services. Territory management is a key element to obtain success in the company business plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Travel within assigned field sales territory to consistently contact, service and support existing customers. Search and solicit prospective new customers to present products, explain product features, and establish business partnerships in support of their window covering business.
- Provide training to customers on products, pricing, availability, product uses, company policies and procedures associated with our partnership.
- Identify and solicit prospective new customers in all markets by using wholesale window coverings dealer locators, internet searches, and yellow book. (20% of work week)
- Monitor and report market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and activity to management.
- Present and secure placement with customers: all product sample books/decks, marketing support items.
- Recommend products to customers, based on market as well as customers’ needs and interests.
- Assist accounting on customer issues when requested to ensure terms are in compliance.
- Perform administrative duties as assigned, such as: weekly call reports, monthly travel schedules, processing expense reports via Concur system, new account applications, sample order forms, and discount /pricing template, and any additional sales report data as requested by management.
- Requires 85% selling time in the field and average minimum 20 weekly sales calls.
- Subject to periodic yearly goals and performance reviews.
- Meet or exceed annual yearly sales budgets as assigned.
- Send in monthly calendars prior to the 1st of the month for review by Vice President of Sales.
- Send in a weekly call report by 9:00am on Monday for review by Vice President of Sales.
- Responsible for maintaining company vehicle in accordance with leasing company guidelines.
- Must have a valid driver’s license at all times.
- Quarterly Commissions Program
- Company Vehicle
- Travel Expense Reimbursement
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k (Match) and more
Required Education and Experience
High School Diploma
Minimum of three (3) years relevant work experience in sales, marketing, managing a geographic territory for wholesale products
Associates degree or equivalent 2-year college degree and 3-5 years experience in field sales or in a related area. Exemplifies good communication and administrative skill sets with a strong will to succeed. Possess basic computer knowledge.
Supervisory Responsibilities*: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Physical Demands: The employee is regularly required to drive an automobile, walk, use hands, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $45,900.00 /year