Senior accountant is responsible for reconciling account balances, payroll and bank statement, maintain general ledger and preparing month end close journals, etc. within the organization, advising others within our organization of current budgetary information and working with managers to create a fiscal strategy that aligns with the goals of the organization.
The position requires a minimum of 8 years experience in Accounting, solid working knowledge of GAAP, and an educational background in Accounting/Finance (Accounting coursework required; Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting preferred). Please provide copies of transcripts upon request.
We are looking for a self-directed, detail-oriented individual who is seeking a challenging position with the ability to grow and contribute to the success of a medium-sized company. The applicant should display a positive and proactive attitude, possess strong organizational skills, have the ability to prioritize and multitask under minimal supervision, demonstrate problem-solving skills, be detail oriented with a high degree of accuracy, desire to grow in the position and be a strong communicator (both written and verbally). The applicant should have the ability to compile and analyze complex data, in addition to generating various financial metrics and statistics, upon request.
- Lead month-end closing process, prepare monthly journal entries, and GL account analysis
- Complete monthly and quarterly account reconciliations and variance analyses
- Support internal and external financial audits
- Engage in critical and confidential aspects of accounting
- Payroll input and reconciliation
- Prepare tax accrual and tax package yearly
- Assist company in executing company policies and compliance procedures
- Other accounting duties as assigned
- Work with confidential data, which, if disclosed, might have significant impact to the business
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing
- Displays initiative and has the ability to improve processes and document work performed
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities effectively in a fast paced environment, while exhibiting exceptional attention to detail and continuously driving process improvements
- Solid working knowledge of general accounting principles (GAAP)
- Fixed Assets skills
- Advanced at MS Office (especially Excel)
- Strong computer skills
- SAP experience required
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in AR/AP and GL.
- Drive for results
- Problem Solver
- Detail Focused
- Process Management
This job operates in a clerical, office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a largely sedentary role; however, some filing is required, which would require the ability to lift files, open filing cabinets and bend or stand on a stool as necessary.
This job requires up to 10% travel. It will include travel to Mexico and other US locations.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the assigned and essential functions.
This summary may not detail all the job responsibilities and may be modified by the company as business changes. Please be advised that Custom Brands Group is an "at will" employer, which means that employment can be terminated at any time, without notification or cause.