Material Handler/Production Lead
Hunter Douglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world.
The Flexo Solutions facility has printed and formed fabrics into the signature Honeycomb shape in Appleton, WI since 2003. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
We are looking to fill the following position:
As a Material Handler/Production Lead, you are responsible for operating material handling equipment to perform various logistical duties as well as be the go-to person on 2nd shift.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Material Handling
- Safely utilize material handling equipment (sitdown lift, standing lift, walkie) to transport raw material to and from various locations including machines, loading docks, trucks, and storage areas.
- Stage workloads at work areas.
- Load and unload semitrailers as needed.
- Production Lead
- Directs and oversees employees, provides constructive and timely performance feedback and holds them accountable when necessary.
- Responsible for productivity and operational success on 2nd shift.
- Acts as the company’s super user for Shop Floor and provides training and direction.
- Upholds company standards for quality and defects.
- General Duties
- Follow all safety policies, procedures and PPE requirements; actively participate in safety initiatives.
- Interact with other team members in a professional manner.
- Perform housekeeping duties as needed.
- Overtime as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Self-starter, highly detailed, motivated individual who is capable of working independently. Isn't afraid to have difficult conversations.
- Prior team lead experience in manufacturing.
- Experience in driving forklift.
- Prior experience using Shop Floor or an operation planning software a plus.
- Shift work of 8 to 12 hours may be required. Overtime as needed.
- Good Written and Oral Communication Skills
- Team Player
- Detail Oriented
- Good Addition/ and Subtraction Skills
- Able to receive and maintain certification through our internal forklift program.
Hunter Douglas offers a generous benefits package including affordable medical/dental insurance with HSA or FSA options, vision, short term disability, life insurance, shift premium, PTO, paid holidays, and a matching 401k plan with immediate vesting.