Quality Assurance Inspector
Hunter Douglas is the world market leader in window coverings and the most sought after name in custom window fashions. Our strength lies in our ability to develop innovative, high quality, proprietary products found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the world. The Hunter Douglas Plastics & Die Casting facility has manufactured and assembled plastic injection moldings in Owensboro, KY since 1981. Our facility is fully air conditioned for a comfortable work environment.
Hunter Douglas offers a generous benefits package including affordable medical/dental insurance, vision, short term disability, life insurance, shift premium, paid vacation, earned PTO, paid holidays, and 401k plan. Hunter Douglas provides competitive wages with annual bonus and opportunity for advancement. We are looking to fill the following position:
Quality Assurance Inspector - 3rd shift
The QA Inspector's primary responsibility is to ensure product conformity. This involves inspection and measuring small plastic parts using measuring devices (calipers/gauges etc) to ensure the product meets the criteria according to customer specifications, and may include purchased product qualification.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of (2) years of inspection experience preferred.
- Must be able to work night shifts.
- Injection molding experience a plus.
- Knowledge of common inspection measuring equipment including, calipers, micrometers, height gauges, radius gauges, and dial indicators.
- Good manual dexterity and adept in use of precision measuring tools.
- Knowledge of ISO9001 Quality management systems.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite of tools, Specifically Word, Excel, Power Point.
- Must possess appropriate mathematical and analytical skills to determine acceptability of product(s) based on established criteria.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds and stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to discern colors Vision (OR Corrected) Acuity of 20/20 at a minimum
- Must be dependable with a solid work and attendance history
Candidates are responsible for taking an active role in plant-wide safety activities, having a solid work history, strong work ethic, and be accommodating to shift work. A high school diploma or GED is required, and a score of 4, 4, 4 on the WorkKeys is also desired.
Hunter Douglas is a drug-free workplace and pre-employment substance abuse testing is performed.
No phone calls please Equal Opportunity Employer