Director, Demand Planning
Director, Demand Planning
Hunter Douglas has prioritized increasing communication, visibility, and data integrity across the enterprise. As a key leader in our new Supply Chain Center of Excellence you will have the opportunity to impact that alignment from the ground up with a focus on improved forecasting, capacity planning, and supply chain execution. We need your expertise to ensure we can deliver superior products, on-time, to exceptional customers!
The Demand Planning & S&OP Director will partner with Field Sales, Product Management, Supply Chain and Finance to develop an accurate demand forecast for all SKUs in the designated area of the business. Accountable to provide focus and integration of data from the Product Team, Field Sales, Statistical Forecast, and Finance, which are used to develop accurate and timely forecasts supporting the supply planning process. Ensure consistency of forecast assumptions across the business, including base business trends, promotional plans, and new launch volumes.
To be successful:
- Must demonstrate the ability to drive improvement.
- Must be data driven, a problem solver, enthusiastic
- Analyzing, Forecasting, Planning, Implementation
- Advanced knowledge of MRP/ERP and Advance Planning tools, Statistical and Business Forecasting, Industry relevant certifications is preferred. (i.e. LEAN, CPIM, APICS, IBF, Six Sigma)
- Must have ability to work cross functionally, build relationships and excel in a team environment
- Able to communicate effectively with senior management, peers, and colleagues cross-functionally.
- Must be able to make sense out of complexity, deal with uncertainty and understand the implications of a decision on all affected parts of the business
- Data-driven with demonstrated ability to analyze and resolve problems and strong proficiency in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Require, MS or MBA preferred.
- 10 years’ experience in Demand Planning, Supply Planning, and S&OP Management;
- 3 years of forecasting experience
- Own the S&OP process; including the product review, demand review, supply review, and executive S&OP meetings.
- Collaborate with Product Management, Field Sales, Supply Planning, and Finance to ensure that the appropriate data is available and accurate to be reviewed at the S&OP process meetings.
- Lead the S&OP management reviews, prepare all data and metrics for review, identify gaps and scenarios that must be presented, guide final decision making on open items and trade-offs
- Assist in the documentation of assumptions incorporated in the demand and supply plan and validate past assumptions
- Manage the aggregation of the demand plan process across product lines producing a rolling 12-18 month estimate of unconstrained future demand in units
- Manage team of Demand Planners to develop demand plan based on business trends and demand patterns
- Develop/Establish a process to build bottom up sales forecast with collaboration from the Field Sales Team
- Recruit, coach and retain high performing supply chain professionals.
- Develop processes to improve forecast accuracy and ensure that the translation of demand into the supply-planning process (PBOM Process) works seamlessly.
- Leverage life cycle process to manage forecasts from initial launch, maturity, and EOL
- Collaborate with product teams to help develop forecasts for new sku’s E&O exposure; create plans to manage down purchase quantities and inventories
- Document and share “best practice” methods, processes, and ideas across all HDNA businesses’ to drive continuous improvement
- Determine root causes of performance variances and lead resolution process
Anticipated pay range for this role depending on experience- $139,000- $178,000 with a 25% discretionary bonus.