Director, Customer Support
The Director of Customer Support is responsible for providing outstanding strategic and tactical leadership to the Custom Brands Group (CBG) Customer Support organization. Utilizing excellent communication skills, the Director is responsible for building a strong, cohesive and highly-functioning team and is responsible for its direction, coordination and evaluation. Additionally, this role requires the ability to be forward-thinking and adaptive to meet continually changing customer needs in a fast-paced industry. Working inter-departmentally, a successful candidate must have the ability to communicate and coordinate across various teams on singular issues to ensure cohesive and consistent messaging.
- Employs Strategic Thinking to develop and achieve organizational goals; understands the organization's strengths & weaknesses; analyzes market and competition; identifies external threats and opportunities; adapts strategy to changing conditions with a future focus.
- Develop employees to grow and expand in their careers; Inspires respect and trust; Supports employees to fulfill the vision; Provides vision and inspiration to peers and subordinates.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, planning, assigning, directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees.
- Manages and works with management team to prepare department budget and staffing plans.
- Develops and works within approved budget; seeks and implements cost saving measures; contributes to profits and revenue; conserves organizational resources for short and long-term ranges.
- Handles a variety of escalated issues addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Coordinates projects; communicates changes and progress; completes projects on time and budget; manages project team activities for various CBG and corporate projects.
- Continually analyzes processes and procedures and implements training and improved efficiencies.
- Responsible for directing internal team on process and procedures and interface with customers, consumers, others within the division, and within CBG
- Leading Teams -- Genuinely values and recognizes the ideas, abilities, contributions, and differences of others.
- Business Savvy -- Aligns organizational structure, systems, processes and talent to achieve desired results.
- Communication Skills -- Encourages a climate in which employees feel free to openly share their thoughts and feelings.
- Critical Thinking – Anticipates events and potential problems before they arise.
- Driving Change -- Initiates and promotes continuous learning and improvement efforts throughout the organization.
- Empowering Others -- Involves others in problem solving, decision making and planning processes.
- Engenders Trust -- Demonstrates and practices high standards of personal and professional integrity.
- Driving Strategic Direction -- Communicates and motivates others about the organizational mission, vision, and values.
- Adaptability/Flexibility/Responsiveness -- Maintains an optimistic and positive outlook, responding constructively when presented with challenge or change.
- Decision Making/Judgment -- Applies a sound knowledge of procedures and organizational values when making decisions.
- Demonstrated ability to exhibit strong leadership skills to motivate department members to achieve individual, department, team and divisional goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated skill in maintaining effective work relationships with department members, customers and representatives of other departments within the company.
- Demonstrated ability to develop organizational structure for a department and define responsibilities and goals.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate expectations and standards of performance to department; to evaluate work performance, and give feedback.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new programs or change existing programs to meet changing needs, trends, and values.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events, and be an advocate for the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to support and explain reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process; makes timely decisions.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communications skills (compose memos, letters, work performance appraisals and public presentations).
- Expert knowledge of customer account handling to resolve servicing issues.
- Expert knowledge of computer use and software such as Microsoft Office.
- Solid knowledge of new advances in computer technology and telecommunications and its’ effect and impact upon the workplace.
- Solid knowledge of SAP and the extrapolation of data obtained by such computer based practices
- Solid knowledge of the principles of finance to prepare yearly department budgets.
- Training and Experience - four to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
This position operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, copier, filing cabinets and fax machines.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is required to sit at a computer for extended periods of time, including typing on a keyboard and staring at computer screens.
Overnight travel will be 20% or less
Management of Custom Brands Group, Inc. – Custom Brands Group Division reserves the right to modify, change, or eliminate this job description at any time, with or without notice.