You are responsible for conducting various financial activities including accounting, consolidation and reporting activities. These activities will be done with timeliness and accuracy to control the organizations’ financial resources, ensure that it complies with all relevant regulations and provides decision support to senior management. You will be responsible for performing the monthly accounting close as well as preparing financial statements and month end and year end reporting.
About Hunter Douglas:
Beautiful design, industry-leading innovation, and a highly entrepreneurial global culture - all parts of your daily life at Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window fashions and maker of iconic architectural products.
Our one hundred year history has created a legacy of innovations and achievements. Most recently, we're pioneering exciting new digital technologies that transform stylish window treatments into intelligent smart shades for today's connected homes.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
- Maintaining financial reports, records, and general ledger accounts.
- Preparing journal entries, analyses, and account reconciliations and assisting with monthly close processes.
- Meeting processing and reporting deadlines.
- Responding to information requests, reviewing financial statements, and assisting with audits.
- Reconcile monthly statements and annual budgets submitted by divisions
- Other activities and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor degree in Accounting
- 2-4 years of relevant experience
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, with emphasis in Excel and PowerPoint and the ability to quickly learn new software applications.
- General knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Knowledge of SAP and Oracle HFM is a plus
Requirements & Qualifications
- Strong analytical skills with a focus on details and accuracy are needed to synthesize large quantities of data, identify trends and translate them into insight for management.
- Maintain flexibility in a fast paced environment and continuously evolve to meet changing business needs.
- A quick learner with a strong professional curiosity and exceptional critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal/written communication skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasking environment and display solid organizational, time management and project management skills.
- Self-starter and motivator with the ability to remain focused and work with limited supervision, perform well under pressure, manages multiple tasks and successfully meet deadlines.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Some overtime necessary during the monthly close.
- Some travel may be required.