Position: Quality Engineer - Bilingual (Spanish-read,write,speak)
Location: Atlanta, GA
Reports to: Sr. Manager, Quality Control
LEVOLOR Window Fashions, Inc. is a leading manufacturer and marketer of custom and sizable window covering products including blinds and shades. LEVOLOR is part of the Hunter Douglas family of companies and is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded in 1914, we are committed to delivering innovative, high quality products to consumers under the most recognized brand in our industry today.
This is a job summary which includes essential job duties of this position. More specific information regarding duties may be provided upon request.
Results-oriented Quality Engineer driving continuous improvement initiatives to reduce the cost of non-conforming products, Scrap and Customer Returns. Conduct hands-on product evaluations, working with the design engineering and manufacturing teams, to ensure effective resolution of Internal/External Customer Complaints. Solid experience in leading the New Product Introduction, 8D, PPAP, FMEA, Process Control PlanPCP, and the APQP process under ISO 9001 environment.
- Reduce LEVOLOR’s External/Internal Failure Cost, Remake and Scrap Cost, by diagnosing root causes and implementing effective corrective actions that prevent defective blinds/shades due to manufacturing processes, supply quality issues, product/process design and during the introduction of new products. (New Product Introduction)
- Provide timely response to Customer Complaints and verify corrective action effectiveness on LEVOLOR’s products.
- Conduct hands-on product evaluations, working with engineering and manufacturing teams as needed to ensure proper diagnosis and communication of fixes.
- Work closely with the engineering and production teams in translating consumer objections into meaningful specifications and measurement methods for the LEVOLOR manufacturing sites.
- Use advanced problem-solving tools for validating root causes, define and implement effective Corrective Actions.
- Coordinate the APQP program at LEVOLOR.
- Work as a liaison between customers, consumers, and multiple LEVOLOR functions to communicate findings, top priorities, and status of corrective actions.
- Defines Test Requirements to validate Product Performance on CTQs during for New Product Introduction, Refresh Programs and/or Customer Complaints.
- Analyze and prepare reports the Remake Rate, by product category, by customer, by remake category, etc., and define and implement the applicable corrective actions the prevent a negative trend for the Remake Rate.
- Ensure that LEVOLOR’s NPD process comply with the latest version of the ISO 9001.
- Document and/or update applicable QMS procedures, instructions and formats applicable to the LEVOLOR’s NPD process.
- Conduct assigned Internal Audits per the LEVOLOR’s Internal Audit Schedule.
- Document the Quality results from the different PVs in an NPD project.
- Review Scrap reports, Remake Cost and Remake Rate reports and drive actions to improve both Quality and Customer Satisfaction.
- Any other activity requiring related to Product Quality improvement.
- BS degree in engineering
- Minimum 3 years of experience in textile manufacturing is preferred
- Experience in Nee Product Introduction using APQP tools like: Process Map, PFMEA, Control Plan, PPAP, GR-R, Run@Rate.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to work with customers to achieve common goals
- Strong hands-on problem-solving skills and desire to understand all aspects of LEVOLOR’s products
- Excellent organization and communication skills
- Strong New Product Development/Introduction experience
- Experience on Lean manufacturing and Six Sigma methodologies
- Customer Quality Assurance experience
- Previous Process Audit experience
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional work groups including suppliers, customers and associates, both verbally and in writing
- Excellent listening skills
- Maintains appropriate focus on short- and long-term goals
- Motivated by achievement, and persists until goals are reached, conveying a sense of urgency
- Travel requirements: less than 50%
- Microsoft literate
- ISO 9001 experience is preferred
- Window Coverings Industry experience preferred
LEVOLOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.