Visual Web Designer (UI/UX)
Our website designer fills a unique role within our business, sitting equally between a team of talented designers working to elevate our brand equity with a premium consumer audience and a performance-oriented team of technologists and marketers. The task at hand is to continually iterate on existing web design and web interactions.
We are looking for a curious and talented website designer to help develop new site layouts and experiences that will influence consumer brand perceptions and improve on-site conversions. This creative and UX expert will help drive design and technology solutions that support the business needs of the website.
Success will be evaluated against both adherence to brand standards, as well as the achievement of agreed-upon quantitative business-performance metrics related to SEO, UX and conversion. The design process will follow the agile model with short design sprints, frequent testing and some open experimentation based on data-driven hypotheses, user testing and insights gained from the web technology team.
Application Requirement: Please provide a Portfolio or Portfolio link with live links to example work.
About Hunter Douglas:
Hunter Douglas is the world’s leading manufacturer of window fashions. Our strength is our ability to develop innovative, high-quality, proprietary products that can be found in millions of homes and commercial buildings around the globe. Across the board and throughout the world, we have set new standards in research, design and technology. By constantly innovating and pairing our designs with the most elegant performance fabrics, we create long-lasting unique window treatments whose beauty, functionality, durability, and innovation are simply like no other.
With the resources of a multi-billion dollar company and the energy and independence of a start-up, Hunter Douglas provides a unique entrepreneurial work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers thrive.
At the heart of Hunter Douglas is our brand purpose – Transforming the Light in the Home. This purpose is felt throughout the entire business. We all strive to communicate to the customer the emotional benefit of investing in Hunter Douglas products by contextualizing the role of the products in the customers’ lives.
To view a video about Hunter Douglas’ history of innovation please visit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QS3ljwG2jw
- Execute all visual-design stages from concept to final hand-off to engineering
- Conceptualize original site design ideas that bring simplicity and user friendliness to complex roadblocks
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to communicate interaction and design ideas
- Present and defend designs and key deliverables to peers and executive-level stakeholders
- Convert created designs into HTML and CSS within front-end frameworks (Angular, React, Vue, etc.)
- Adhere to agreed-upon delivery schedules
- Effectively communicate and work closely with internal clients and team members throughout all stages of design
- Establish and promote design guidelines, best practices and standards
- Spearhead continued research on web design trends, tools and standards, the capabilities of browsers and devices, and their design constraints on the web, graphic optimization, usability factors and navigation standards
Acceptable Training and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree related to conceptual, visual, and experience/UX design
- 4+ years of professional experience in implementing visual strategies and designing responsive and mobile-first user interfaces
Qualifications and KSA’s:
- Solid experience in creating wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site map
- Excellent visual design skills with a sensitivity to user experience
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator or other visual design and wire-framing tool
- Proficiency in HTML and CSS
- Good understanding of content management systems
- Good understanding of search engine optimization (SEO) principles
- Knowledge of content marketing a plus
- Experience working in an agile development process
- Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
- Up-to-date with the latest Web trends, techniques and technologies
- Ability to work with a variety of individuals and present creative, fresh ideas
- Strong communication and team-playing skills
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
About the Window Fashions Division:
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades,
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!