Senior Native IOS Mobile Developer
The Development Engineer in this role develops ideas and concepts in cloud and mobile app development for consumer products. You will work in all phases of the software development life cycle, including architecture, design, coding, testing, and maintenance. This includes working with existing products, line extensions, product enhancements, new products, and test fixtures. This is an opportunity to work in a growing area of the company and you will have an impact and influence on the product. We are looking for someone to be our expert.
What you have:
A Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering/Computer Science or related is desired.
Experience within a research and development background is also desired.
Examples of work that show the application of real-world physical outcomes.
What you will do:
- Develop and modify applications/scripts/processes to support the software system.
- Research new or alternative technologies for implementation in new products or product enhancements
- Independently and within teams, implement, unit tests, and deliver software algorithms, libraries, and applications.
- Coordinate work performed by suppliers/consultants and communicate with them on a frequent basis to review project progress and communicate project needs.
- Assist functional units in product advancement teams by troubleshooting issues with PowerView and other motorized products.
- Document aspects of product designs such as architecture, design, usage/operation manuals, test reports etc.
- Work with the functional units at WFD and other divisions to provide an industry leading user experience through software/cloud.
- Use state of the art tools/techniques and demonstrate an ability to deliver quality software toward team objectives.
- Train the staff of the Technical Services department in the operational use and features of the products.
Expert knowledge of mobile development
Expert knowledge of NodeJS
Expert knowledge of one of Swift or Java/Kotlin
Solid knowledge of Agile development methodology
Solid knowledge of Git version control
Basic knowledge with one or more voice control platforms Alexa / Google / Siri
Basic knowledge with one of MQTT / Amazon AWS
Ability to deliver IoT and cloud apps using reusable, testable, and efficient code
Proficient in native and/or cross-platform development for both iOS and Android
Proficient in UX design
What we do
Hunter Douglas, the world’s leader in window coverings and maker of iconic architectural products, offers thoughtful design, industry-leading innovation, and family-oriented culture. Our nine-decade history has created a legacy of innovations and excellence. Hunter Douglas provides a positive work environment in which passionate, creative, and cutting-edge thinkers can thrive.
Hunter Douglas Window Fashions Division is located in Broomfield, Colorado, midway between Boulder and Denver with outstanding views of the Rockies. The campus encompasses a 756,000 square feet of office and manufacturing space. Roughly 1000 employees work at this location to produce proprietary and upscale products such as Duette® Honeycomb Shades, Silhouette®, Vignette®, Nantucket™ Window Shadings, and Luminette Privacy Sheers®.
To view a video about Hunter Douglas’ history of innovation please click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QS3ljwG2jw
Benefits of working for Hunter Douglas Window Fashions include:
- Generous paid time off that accrues immediately; 11 paid holidays, new parent and family care time off and 12 hours of paid volunteer work.
- Medical, dental, vision plan, life, STD, LTD, AD&D, dependent life, flexible spending accounts, pre-paid legal, and pet insurance.
- 401(k) with 6% company match and annual retirement contribution, college investment savings program.
- Employee development including education tuition assistance, and on-site training and development through Hunter Douglas University.
- Robust wellness program; on-site managed fitness center free to employees.
- Generous discount on window coverings.
- Charitable contribution match, employee assistance program, adoption assistance, dependent scholarships, on-site physical therapists and more!