District Sales Manager
The Hunter Douglas District Sales Manager (DSM) is responsible for maintaining the primary relationship with our dealer partners and for growing sales and market share in their assigned geographic footprint. The DSM is directly responsible for instilling the brand image and delivering the brand message to the dealer accounts. They are accountable for meeting sales objectives, profitability, setting and tracking dealer’s goals, maintaining the showroom and/or selling tools. The DSM acts as a trusted business advisor and guides dealers in activities that contribute to mutual growth, profitability and an enhanced consumer experience.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Relationship Development – Services, maintains, and increases existing business by building and cultivating professional, progressive, and trusted relationships with our customers.
- Business Specialist – Guides and advises dealers on activities designed to grow their business profitably by improving their merchandising, use of sales tools, product mix, program and promotion participation, lead generation efforts, and knowledge of technology.
- Territory Management – Adheres to established zone routing and maintains a schedule of upcoming meetings in the CRM system.
- Sales Analysis – Uses available sales reporting tools for the purpose of developing objectives around sales goals and growth while identifying opportunities to gain market share.
- Territory Reporting – Inputs meeting outcomes in the CRM system at the conclusion of each meeting, maintains the CRM account and contact records, provides voice-of-the-dealer feedback through appropriate channels, and shares competitive intelligence with the organization.
- Dealer Training – Conducts product knowledge, system training, and demonstrates online learning tools with dealer accounts to facilitate the proper representation and sale of Hunter Douglas products. In addition encourages attendance for all Hunter Douglas sponsored training events.
- Prospecting – Searches for and develops new business for incremental growth by establishing appropriate new accounts with strong potential.
- Discount Management – Maintains proper balance of company profitability, sales growth, and market share.
- Conflict Management – DSM must conduct a thorough investigation to discover facts concerning all significant customer conflicts occurring in the assigned sales territory. Develops fair and equitable solutions to problems and makes recommendations for resolution to customers and company management.
- Team Participation – Establishes and maintains effective relationships with all Hunter Douglas personnel by employing facts, diplomacy, and sensitivity to the needs of others
SKILL and ATTRIBUTE REQUIREMENTS:
- Adaptability – Performs a variety of tasks and is able to change assignment or direction on short notice with a sense of urgency. Also displays a willingness to learn when new ideas and concepts are presented.
- Articulate Communication – The DSM is able to express him or herself clearly and effectively by all communication methods during individual meetings, group meetings, and presentations.
- Strategic Thinking – Identifies problems, gathers data, develops and assesses alternative courses of action leading to timely decisions or recommendations based upon logical interpretation of all available data.
- Technology – Embracing and understanding of technology tools including devices and programs provided for daily business use as well as Hunter Douglas motorized products.
- Self-Driven –Works well without close supervision and takes personal satisfaction in job performance. Finds motivation by meeting objectives and surpassing goals without daily direction.
- Organization – Coordination of daily tasks to discover priorities while managing all ongoing requests within in an appropriate time.
- Influential – Able to convey product and program information with a confident and persuasive delivery by using appropriate and creative methods and styles of communication to gain acceptance of a proposal or new concept.
- Resilience – Maintains effectiveness and a positive attitude in the face of disappointment or rejection.
- Cooperation – Works well with others by taking time to help customers and co-workers to achieve their objectives and goals while maintaining a positive attitude.
- Ethics and Character – Conducts business at all times with professionalism, honesty and integrity.
The DSM’s time is largely unsupervised and requires a high degree of self-discipline to be productive. Out of town and overnight travel is very common for many territories. Use of company expenses within guidelines is mandatory. Possession and maintenance of a valid Driver’s License, and a good driving record, is a condition of continued employment.