Customer Support Representative
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The primary responsibility of a Customer Support Representative (CSR) at Hunter Douglas Fabrication is to provide excellent service and support to both internal and external customers. Typically acting as the first point of contact for most customer inquiries, CSRs must be knowledgeable about all products, programs, processes, and policies. A successful Customer Service Representative will uphold the Company vision, mission, and core values and understand the brand positioning and customer service strategy.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Answers incoming phone calls and email to support the customer base and outside Sales Team as necessary. Enter orders, check order status, process returns, and repairs, resolve challenges, answer product questions, and escalate dealer complaints as necessary.
- Understands the importance of excellent follow‐up and pursues customer satisfaction relentlessly by resolving all service requests timely and to completion. Demonstrates confidence in his/her answers and works with team leads, supervisors and others to resolve open issues.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of all policies and processes established for the position. It offers suggestions to improve our overall quality, service, and effectiveness.
- You can effectively communicate with team members, peers, and customers both verbally and in written form while maintaining an upbeat/ positive attitude. Effective in multi‐tasking while maintaining a high degree of accuracy in all aspects of the job.
- Capable of learning and utilizing various systems to support job requirements. Is proficient in SAP ERP, SAP CRM, phone ACD systems, Direct Web Intranet, an online knowledge base, email/chat, and other systems. Has a willingness and aptitude to learn new technologies and follows all established guidelines to use those systems.
- Understands the importance of training and education and meets the established objectives from local management. Seeks out support for areas requiring improvement.
- You can effectively build and maintain excellent relationships with both internal and external customers. Cooperates with team members and demonstrates a willingness for continuous improvement.
- Meets or exceeds all department established goals and objectives as communicated by the local management.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Two or more years of experience in providing quality Customer Service in either a call center or retail environment is preferred.
- Accuracy – Ability to perform a variety of tasks while remaining accurate and precise. Maintains a very low order entry error percentage and dollar amount.
- Communication –Must be able to express himself or herself clearly and effectively when talking with customers and employees.
- Cooperation – Works well with others, takes time to help customers and co‐workers achieve their objectives and goals.
- Decision Making and Problem Solving – Identifies problems, gathers data, develops and assesses alternative courses of action, and makes timely decisions based on logical assumptions using all available information.
- Engagement‐ Is continuously looking for new ways to solve customer problems. Offers up suggestions and supports all efforts to generate sales growth for the Company.
- Follow Through‐ Works service issues or tasks to completion and is relentless in follow‐up.
- Listening‐ Demonstrates the ability to effectively listen and comprehend detail.
- Organization – Can establish priorities and course of action for managing multiple tasks and takes action based on personal conviction and intuition.
- Positive: Maintains a positive and upbeat attitude throughout, and can influence co‐workers and customers by not dwelling on the negative.
- Pro‐active‐ Understands the importance of being pro‐active in all aspects of the job and does everything possible to keep customers informed and satisfied.
- Teamwork‐ Works with all co‐workers to support overall objectives. Actively offers assistance on additional tasks or “back‐up” as necessary.
Internal: Production Management, Credit Department, CS Leadership, Sales Representatives
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job.
This position is supervised. Out of town and overnight travel is required very infrequently, if at all.
When traveling, judicious use of company expenses is expected and required.
The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate based on the use of a headset.