The primary role of the Sourcing Manager - Resin is to establish, manage, and execute a strategy for Levolor. The Sourcing Manager is responsible for negotiating, evaluating, directing and/or coordinating the category spend and vendor relationship in this category. This includes the identification of year over year productivity opportunities, strategic direction, and material/operational improvements.
This position will reside in Atlanta Georgia and will report to the Levolor Sr. Sourcing Manager
Essential Duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform analysis of historical/present category spend and establish a go forward strategy to support manufacturing plants while driving productivity and continuous improvement.
- Establish and implement methods and best practices related to monitoring currency, material indexes, and category related trends to proactively manage spend and vendor base to ensure spend is optimized.
- Participate and support monthly meetings with PMO, Brand Marketing and R&D to support productivity, VAVE, Quality and Operational projects related to category of responsibility.
- Build and Execute tools and business processes to drive vendor strategy and monitor vendor performance.
- Support the monthly collaborative operations cycle to achieve consensus and assist in cross-functional operational decisions between Supply Planning, Brand Marketing, R&D, and Quality.
- Partner with supply planning to eliminate and/or minimize stock outs, maximize inventory levels and ensure continuous supply.
- Partner with corporate and manufacturing quality to eliminate and minimize material non-conformance and ensure quality material is received into the manufacturing facilities.
- Support the continuous improvement initiatives to refine existing process and tools and to develop the next generation of activities and/or tools related to sourcing, and sourcing of resin components.
- Manage day to day transactional and administrative issues relating issuing RFQ/RFP’s, supply agreements, PO variances, and vendor set up.
- Supply/Demand Planners and Supply Chain Team
- Brand Marketing
- Bachelors/University degree in Supply Chain, Business, or relevant major/curriculum required
Work Experience Requirements:
- At least 5 – 7 years of progressive Sourcing or relevant Supply Chain experience in management of materials. Masters in related field is a plus.
- Specific experience in resin/resin component sourcing, engineering, and or manufacturing is preferred.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment or operations environment required
- Contract negotiation, vendor management and manufacturing related experience required
- Working knowledge and understanding of SAP/ERP/MRP systems and their use in a manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to identify, leverage, and implement metrics and other tools to drive supplier performance
Technical Experience and other Requirements:
- Strong understanding and proficiency of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Word etc.)
- Demonstrated ability to utilize quantitative and analytical skills to assess business situations and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and assignments simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills
- Demonstrated experience and ability to contribute in a cross-functional collaborative environment.
- Comfortable working with ambiguity and small amounts of information to define actionable steps.
LEVOLOR is an Equal Opportunity Employer and complies with applicable employment laws. EOE/M/F/Vet/Disabled are encouraged to apply.