Sr. Business Excellence Director
Senior Director of Business Excellence (CI)
Report to: VP Operations
Location / Department:Fabrication Division – North America/Broomfield CO
Employment / Status: Full-time, Exempt
The Senior Director of Business Excellence will have the primary responsibility for leading, managing and driving a culture of Continuous Improvement in safety, quality, service and cost (SQDC). The role leads the division’s focus on delivering a superior quality product with responsibility for planning, coordinating, and directing the continuous improvement activities in production of products and in conformance to all established standards in a high product mix environment.
The successful candidate will have both strategic and tactical orientation to achieve tangible operational results directly, and by influencing others. The successful candidate must have experience in leading cross functional teams through a change in process or culture, and can demonstrate the ability to facilitate groups in the application of tools and techniques that support this change. With high visibility to this position, the successful candidate must be enthusiastic, tenacious, and able to work independently with minimal supervision as well as in a team environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establish a multi-year strategy for the Operations organization with the aim to develop world-class operations.
- Drive capable, predictable, repeatable processes throughout the enterprise.
- Develop standardized approach across the Operations organization, including common verbiage, tools, project template, training protocol, etc.
- Drives the adherence to standard work, best practice sharing and the execution of the Lean Management System. Analyze, develop, ratify, implement, and standardize manufacturing best practices across the operations network.
- Anticipate issues, needs, and required actions pertaining to CI/Quality and develop plans for addressing such opportunities.
Employee Engagement and Capability Building
- Champion use of CI methodologies and tools (e.g., value stream mapping, Kaizen, Charters, 5S, Gemba walks, LMS, root cause problem solving, Six Sigma) across the Operations organization resulting in a solutions that drive operational improvement in SQDC.
- Build organization capability through coaching, mentoring, and training staff in the understanding and deployment of CI methodologies and practices.
- Lead Kaizen teaching including cross functional event facilitation and project management including playing a major role in leading Kaizen events both internally and externally with partners. Identify opportunities for Kaizen events and Best Practice sharing opportunities that provide quantifiable and sustainable results.
- Collaborate and provide guidance to site leadership team on targeted projects and activities.
- Provide internal consultative services on CI initiatives.
Planning & Performance Management
- Develop and communicate key performance indicators/dashboard for. Measure, analyze and report CI performance to Operations Leadership in Corporate and Field locations.
- Using appropriate measurement, analysis and evaluation methods to accurately identify and document improvements related to CI delivery.
- Maintain database of CI projects, tracking and reporting progress and performance to key stakeholders
- Act as primary liaison with the Divisional Steering Committees and Plant Steering Committees. Network with other Divisional CI/Quality leaders to leverage programs designed to continually improve operations and eliminate waste fostering best practice and standardization.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS/ FUNCTIONAL SKILLS/ COMPETENCIES:
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- 10+ year’s professional experience in a manufacturing environment in progressively responsible roles.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and successful track record in roles focused on use of Continuous Improvement tools such as Lean, Six Sigma, TPS, Kaizen, 5-S/Visual Workplace.
- Demonstrated history of using statistics analysis to drive prioritization and decision making.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience and successful track record in line roles such as Plant Management, Operations/Maintenance Management, Quality Management or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a CPG industry in a high-volume, high complexity make-to -order manufacturing environment.
- Must have multi-plant responsibility in previous role(s).
- Must have had experience in an industry where high-quality standards are present.
- Demonstrated history of successful change implementation and implementing of operational excellence improvements.
- Formal training and work experience in managing mid-to-large scale projects.
- Experience with unionized workforce preferred but not required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or related discipline from an accredited university or college.
- Master's or MBA preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
- Certified Six Sigma Black or Green belt
- Quality Engineering skills such as SPC, Six-Sigma and APQP
- This position provides work direction and technical direction to Leads in all major locations.
- The position will require 50-70% travel in North America.
ESSENTIAL CAPABILITIES (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES AND PERSON ATTRIBUTES)
- Advanced knowledge of Continuous Improvement (CI) techniques.
- Strong leadership skills (Inspire, Impact, Innovate and Communicate).
- Ability to coach and train employees.
- Strong organization skills, including attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and prioritize projects.
- Interpersonal skills, with the ability to resolve conflict and reach agreement with others.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Advanced ability to analyze data, draw conclusions, and make recommendations.
- Willingness to relocate in the future.
- Foster and promote an environment of collaboration
- Living the companies Mission and Core Values
JOB FACTORS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature with frequent walking of manufacturing plant and warehouse distribution environment
- Work involves exposure to usual hazards found in manufacturing environment with lifting of heavy and bulky products on an occasional basis.
- Plant Director of Operations, Finance Leaders, HR Manager, Operations Support team, Quality and Engineering teams and plant associates
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities associated with the job. Other job-related duties may be assigned.
An Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer • Drug-Free Working Environment